Load One 2021

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
More than 130,000 customers in Michigan are without power after a series of severe storms and possible tornadoes tore through the state Saturday night.

I guess the storm was pretty bad to make CNN.

I'll admit, I was a little scared during this, as the Tornado siren was going off. I took refuge in a closet in the middle of the house under the stair case.

FYI-Not my House.

Michigan DTE power outage: More than 130,000 customers left without electricity after suspected tornadoes and severe storms

house.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Turtle

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Glad you're OK Roadtime. Did CNN blame it on climate change? They like to do that. Tornado's....never had them before,climate change. Flooding......never happened before,climate change. 27 car pile up on the interstate.......climate change......or maybe the orange haired guy. He was a bad guy.....musta been affected by climate change.

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Noticed we get a text message when we turn down a load now. Wondering what the thinking is behind this? I don't mind it, just curious as to the why.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like I dodged another one. What ever happened to Tornado Watches? Last 2 have been, surprise, take cover now Warnings

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

• Wow

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I have dodged a few pesky tornadoes one hit in walbridge,Ohio and killed 3 people and cleaned a high schools clock so to speak.....it looked like a angry toddler picked up all the school buses and smashed them on the ground...one of the buses had the rear end pushed right up to the rear wheels...and it was a long bus.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I must be making up for not being in bad area's. I think it's been around 8-9 years since I remember even being in a active Tornado warning area. I've drove through a couple of Tornado watches during that time, but nothing scary. Fortunately, this one was all rotation and didn't drop, at least not on me. The path on this one was way to close for comfort :oops:

This has helped in being better prepared. In 8 years at my house, I've never had to "take cover" and think...Where? and what should I keep with me, incase something did happen. After 2 times in 3 days, I think I have a plan now :cool:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A just because post…

Local P&D done and heading back home

…and yes, I’m parking in the No Parking Fire Lane per the customer

IMG_7154.JPGIMG_7152.JPG

Reactions: jelliott

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The time has come for my heart ablation. Unless I chicken out at the last moment, I’m set to arrive at 6am Tuesday morning.

Dang, I wasn’t expecting to be there that early, it’s going to be hard enough to sleep tonight

IMG_7182.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ugh, looks like some bronchitis set in last night, trying to reverse this trend and not get pneumonia. Planning on 11am discharge. I guess I’ll have to deal with this on my own I’m so sore today, just about everything hurts.

• Sad

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Well you need to stop fighting Godzilla in your sleep and you won't hurt as much.......hope your not hurting as much as when you woke up yesterday.

Reactions: RoadTime