Load One 2021

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
4th of July came early…

That’s what it sounded like when a large tree branch broke off taking down some electric wires. I couldn’t tell if the transformer blew as the show was over by the time I got done fumbling around in the dark as the power went off

The wires are hanging in the middle of the street right in front of my driveway entrance. The fire department showed up 1st and closed off the street and my driveway…so I guess I’m unavailable for a load now

When the fireman shined a light up into the trees I could see smoke, so I’m glad they are here.

Got power?
If this goes too long my van has all the power I need, plus I have a generator and plenty of gas. But hopefully it will just be a few hours. Only thing I’m debating is moving what’s in my refrigerator into the van fridge now, or wait and see.

I did grab 2 solar lights and my 12volt fan from the van.
I remembered I had my jumpstart power box in the attic that you can plug anything into. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve used it. I was surprised it was still at 70% power. So that will provide some indoor power for a while.

I guess the take away from this is to be prepared, just like I’ll never run out of toilet paper again (learned that lesson the hard way at the start of the pandemic), also be prepared for when the power goes out

Fortunately for me, this is just a little inconvenience, others in the neighborhood may not be as prepared.

IMG_7077.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I was about to transfer food to the van fridge, it started pouring rain, thunder, lightning…yeah that won’t slow the repair work down any

IMG_7081.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At least your house and van are safe for now.....

Yes, that is a good thing. I’m glad I transferred my refrigerated food into the van last night, I would have lost it. The electric company just showed up at 8am to survey the damage. My fully stocked freezer will buy me some more time, but with a 24hr estimate of no power, I better see if I can get the generator going. Another item I haven’t used in a few years

On another note: with the house completely quiet, I may have discovered a water leak coming from my dishwasher area. I can hear water moving, reminds me of a hose leak under pressure sound, also with a faint dripping sound. I can’t see the source or any signs of water leaking, but I definitely am hearing…something.

Not really sure who to call on this one, plumber, appliance repair, my handyman? Definitely, nothing I want to mess with. Either way, I’m sure having the power back on will help shed some light on the situation

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Preparations for my Heart Ablation are in place and a date has been set.
I will need to be on a blood thinner 1 month prior, and 3 months after.
The procedure is scheduled for next month on August 10th, and I will have to stay over night in the hospital.
I don't know how long I will have to be off work before resuming regular activity, nor did I ask. It wasn't my biggest concern.

I quick search from the Mayo Clinic says this..."Most people return to normal activities within a few days after having cardiac ablation, but you should avoid any heavy lifting for about a week".

I can't say I'm not scared. Especially when a chance of death, (however small), is in play.

If all goes well, I have a 70% chance of success for a 1st attempt to correct my reoccurring A-Fib.
70% success doesn't make me jump for joy, however with medical advances, the success rate has increased from 50%.

I think my last appointment with the Dr. who will be doing the procedure, scared the A-Fib out of me lol, as I've gone 16 days without a verifiable episode. My longest stretch since this started after my 2nd covid shot on April 15, 2021 was 19 days.

I try not to think about the procedure too much, as I may change my mind and chicken out. But I keep reminding myself, If I'm going to do this, right now is the time while my health and heart is in the best position for a successful outcome.

surgery-1024x749.jpg

Reactions: muttly and jelliott

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I personally know two people who have had the surgery. Both sing it's praises as improving quality of life. When quality of life is so dramatically improved it almost always lengthens life, as well. Neither had to go to through it a second time. Neither had any complications.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I personally know two people who have had the surgery. Both sing it's praises as improving quality of life. When quality of life is so dramatically improved it almost always lengthens life, as well. Neither had to go to through it a second time. Neither had any complications.
Thanks, that's always good to hear :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone having phone issues today? I thought it was the L1 App or office phone system at 1st, as I am missing load alerts this morning and showing no missed calls. But now, I discovered I can only receive messages with Iphone but not send. Maybe Verizon or my phone is having issues?