Load One 2021

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like a cinco de Mayo launch is possible today in less then 30 mins. Assuming no delay or abort.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And unlike the Chinese rocket that bottom part can land on the deck of a ship at sea.
or say, oh...Mars :cool:

This isn't no toy rocket either. For perspective, check out the Semi and driver.
Hard to believe when the super heavy booster is added, this bad boy will be 2-3 times taller.
I may have to take a load to Texas, to see it all in person :tearsofjoy:

SN15.png

• Wow
Reactions: jelliott and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I got my first vaccine shot in Arlington, WA at that airport drive-thru site. April 14th, Phizer.

I did a google search for where to find the vaccine in Washington, and found it that way.

I needed to get the second shot 3-6 weeks later.

I did the same search on where to find the Phizer vaccine in Shreveport, found where it was offered, and made the appointment for the same day (May 7th) at a CVS, and got the shot. CVS also gives you a 20% coupon and a goodie bag (Sinus Rinse bottle, Claritin, couple of other things), so that was nifty.

But basically, turns out it's pretty easy to get the vaccine out here on the road.

I did custom order this shirt from UberPrints.

10647889_1.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Glad it worked out on the road.
Love the shirt :cool:
Now they just need to cut down on the waste...

CVS and Walgreens, two of the nation’s biggest pharmacy chains, have tossed out the bulk of their unused COVID-19 vaccine doses and wasted more doses than most states combined, according to a new report.

The two chains made up about 70% of wasted vaccine doses, Kaiser Health News found, citing government data it obtained. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded 182,874 wasted doses by late March. CVS made up nearly half of that total while Walgreens accounted for 21%, for a combined 128,500 shots tossed out.

The KHN survey, published Monday, found that CDC data suggests that Walgreens and CVS tossed out more doses than U.S. states, territories and federal agencies combined. Pfizer’s vaccine, which was the first COVID-19 shot to be approved and had initially required storage at ultracold temperatures, made up almost 60% of wasted doses.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here are a few things about the doses...
The procedures for thawing the vials, and diluting them with a 0.9% saline solution, are pretty simple. You can thaw the vials in the refrigerator, which takes about 8 hours, or you can thaw them at room temperature, which takes 1-2 hours. Once thawed you inject the saline solution into the vial. After that, you can store the thawed vaccine for up to 2 hours at room temperature (including the thawing time) or in the refrigerator for 120 hours (5 days). You can't refreeze it, and once a vial has been punctured (either to draw a dose or to inject the saline) it must be used within 6 hours.

So they're pretty simple instructions but takes some planning so as not to waste any. But, how many doses do you think there are in each vial?
100?
200?
Not even close. It's 6. Yeah, six.

Even with breathtakingly bad management, where you blow it and waste a couple of vials here and a vial there, you'd still be hard-pressed to waste 182,874 / 6 = 30,479 vials of vaccine.

Kinda makes you wonder if the places that are administering the vaccine get paid by the shot administered or by the vial ordered.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It does make you wonder how it’s even possible to waste that much

Reactions: Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Best sign I’ve seen in a long time. So this is what Walmart smells like
P.S.- How fitting my 1st store with no mask is in “Normal” Illinois

IMG_6938.JPG

Reactions: jelliott

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
While traveling across Michigan the other day as I approached the Albion exit off I-94, someone in the left lane decided at the last possible second to take the exit. It's something that I kind of look for because it happens so often. I'm pretty sure I was in his blind spot. His right rear wheel was even or just behind my left front wheel. But he shot over like I wasn't there. If I hadn't been paying attention he'd have clipped me and it would have been really bad.

But at it was, I steered to the right and he missed me, but I had no shot at negotiating the exit ramp curve. One of those 25 or 30 MPH curves. It's one of those exits where you exit to the right and stop at a road, then do a hairpin turn to the left and you're back on the on-ramp. I plowed right through the curve, taking out one of those signs with the big arrow on it to let you know there's a curve there. I sheered off the sign pole, and what was left sticking up out of the ground took out my oil pan. It took out the roof slope and the windshield, little bit of the hood. But the oil pan remains the wild card. If it's just the oil pan, not a big deal, but if it did some other damage to the engine, I dunno. The engine never shut off, though.

I wasn't injured at all. But imagine being showered with sawdust, a lot of it, only it's shattered glass.

But I had it towed to a body shop in town, one recommended by a couple of people at the gas station and a cop. So I'm hanging out in Albion. I should hear from the insurance adjuster soon.

20210521_160932a.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow that’s crazy. Glad your alright. Did the person that caused it even stop?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Glad you weren't hurt!!! Now the van..... that is looking pretty rough.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow that’s crazy. Glad your alright. Did the person that caused it even stop?

They did not stop. If I was in their blind spot to begin with, and I'm pretty sure I was, they wouldn't have seen what happened, and then everything that did happen was behind them as they were concentrating on making that curve and then coming to a stop. So probably never saw it.

That, or they saw it and didn't want anything to do with it.

There might have been a witness behind me on the Interstate that saw what happened, but they didn't stop. The people getting onto the Interstate at that exit only saw me scooting across the grass and not what caused it. Several showed down or stopped to see if I was OK, and I was so they kept going. Part of that was the sign I carried came to rest in the middle of the road on the on-ramp. I got out and moved that off the road, then moved the van off the ramp to the gas station.

If anybody passes that exit they can look over and see the long black streak across the grass between the off- and on-ramp. The State cop drove over there and checked it out, came back and said yeah, he could see exactly what happened.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For 7 years, I've never had a Bee in my house...Until today :oops:

It showed up in my office. Big sucker...
I closed the door to trap it in and prepared for battle.
Ready to give it a whack with my notebook, If it ever stopped zooming around the room...

Finally, it came to rest on the extra long cord I use for my ceiling fan.
I gave it a big swat and the room went dark.
Crap, I hit the cord so hard it turned off the lights (I thought I broke it).

I felt around for a cord I couldn't find, fully aware of the pissed off Bee somewhere in the darkness.
I couldn't find it (I hit it so hard the cord got stuck up in the lights).
I had to open the door to see and find the cord.
With the lights back on the search for the Bee began.
I doubt I killed it, most likely just stunned it. But dang, I could not find it.
A couple hours have gone by without a trace, so now I'm paranoid it got out of the office, and is lurking around every corner to take it's revenge.

I'm glad I got a load for the morning and leaving home tonight ;)

Bee.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
if it's a honeybee, it's just looking for a way to get home. When they leave the hive they take on just enough honey to get them out to where they're going and back again. It's not looking to sting you unless it's threatened (like with a notebook or an errant whipping power cord). If it stings you, it'll die when the stinger is ripped out of its body.

If it's a large bumblebee, only the queen and the workers (the ones tending the hive) have stingers. The drones are unarmed.

If it's a wasp or a hornet, if I have to, I'll burn the house down to get it. They're just mean.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not what I wanted to see in my mirror.

IMG_6991.JPG

1st breakdown under load. Waiting for the tow truck. Everything was fine until the motor shut off while driving. Seems familiar, but can’t remember what causes that to happen.

Attachments

• IMG_6991.JPG
    IMG_6991.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10