Load Bars

zman3k

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone know where I can pick up a load bar? The Toyota place in Buffalo, WV took one out of my truck and didn't put it back in.

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
They are not a truck stop find, but available at just about any truck trailer supply place in most major cities. Call the number at www.kinedyne.com for a dealer in your area, I liked their load bars and strapping products. Mudflap

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
www.furnishequipment.com is another source for them. Checking for all your load bars and straps is a habit you have to have when you close the box doors after every delivery. It's not instinctive until after you pay to replace a bar or strap. My habit starter was a strap. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Another one that we have heard of people leaving is there pallet jack. We have just installed a camera in the box so we can also keep track of our equipment while not allowed on the dock. It does still all come down to you if you are the one that shuts the doors you need to make sure everything you own is still in the back of the truck!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I just "trade" load bars with other drivers.when I happen to forget one at one place,I just grab another from some other place as there are usually several right by the dock doors.Is it legal? is is right?,probably not but it works for me.DD.;)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Why not ask the dock worker if you can have them? I was given two once without asking. If they're unsure, tell em I'll give you $10 a piece. Sometimes they belong to that company's trucks. So just taking them is stealing them.

www.truckntow.com has load bars. The latching mechanisms tend to pinch, but they're relatively cheap at $44 ea, that's not too bad a price (tho they were $36 two years ago). They're located in Detroit.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
I checked out all 3 places mentioned and Kinedyne has locations all over the country thus saving the $15 per bar shipping/handling fee.

zman3k

Seasoned Expediter
Ever since I lost the load bar in WV, I've made a conscious effort to check my box everytime before I depart the consignee...or the shipper, b/c I'll pull one out so I won't get stuck behind a big load, and one time I almost walked off and left without installing the load bar.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
Iv'e had a couple of Schneider straps given to me fron dock workers. They are the cool Pumpkin color. Almost left my mountain bike at a dock once. Man I woulda been upset. Close but no cigar.