Load 1 ST staying busy?

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
To answer your question, yes. Did expediting in the late 90's, flatbed trucking for several years, and back to expediting a little over a year ago? Drive a ST for a local owner, currently with FedEx CC white glove.

Just curious, however, why ask that? Do you drive a ST for Load 1?

My question only really required that any Load 1 ST owners/drivers that choose to answer, just say yes, no, most of the time, some of the time, etc...

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Just curious, however, why ask that? Do you drive a ST for Load 1?

My question only really required that any Load 1 ST owners/drivers that choose to answer, just say yes, no, most of the time, some of the time, etc...

Maybe he was curious or maybe he just wanted to help you make sure you met the requirements. No need to get defensive, it's the internet, just because you started a thread, doesn't mean you'l be able to control the direction. That's the beauty of the net.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry, if it came across as defensive, wasn't meant to (a non beauty of the 'net).

Just am always curious as to why ppl post things, but don't answer the actual question.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Sorry, if it came across as defensive, wasn't meant to (a non beauty of the 'net).

Just am always curious as to why ppl post things, but don't answer the actual question.

It is usually an attempt to be helpful and as informative as possible. He was wondering if you were new so that you are getting the information you might need. Just as an example if you said you had no experience then it would give the opportunity for an answer to help find a company that is doing well but accepts an inexperienced driver.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
You can call Brian in recruiting at 800 506 4422, he can go over numbers with you.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
If you are going in a van or Sprinter my choice would be Load1. Load1 pay's the best FSC in the business for this type of unit.

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
I have a solo with Load1,and if your solo i'd give them a serious look.The Landstar system is different your the one finding your loads and building relationships with the brokers.Might wanna check out Ateam and there blog or there theards to get a feel for LEA.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
John, thanks for the reply, was planning to call Brian, but thought I'd see if I could get some feedback from drivers.

Bruno, it will be a straight truck, not a van or sprinter.

Pellgrn, have been following Ateam's postings, and blog. Also, a ex driver for the owner I'm currently driving for just went to LEAM from FedEx. He's doing well, very happy with his choice. I realize the 2 companies operate differently, but I'm ok with both methods. Just trying to get a feel for which company I'll feel more 'at home' with :)

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jim,
I do not drive a st for load1, so that is why I did not answer the question.

Sorry for trying to be helpful. I should stick more with driving.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
No, FV, thank you for replying. Just was a bad day, guess it caught me the wrong way. know your intentions were helpful.

My apologies, and thanks again.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I drive a s/t for Load 1 and am happy. The culture is small town: you know everyone at HQ, nearly all the neighbors, and there is a 'home base' where you can get a shower, do laundry, wash your truck, drop off & pick up paperwork [and books, if you're a reader], and meet old friends and new ones too.
Most important: they understand that it's a team effort, and you don't feel they're making a profit by 'nickel & diming' you on everything possible. Your part is to represent Load 1 as a professional: safe, on time, and courteous.
There will be times when you wait, or DH, like anywhere else, but it's not because dispatch forgot about you, or isn't trying - they're pretty good at their jobs, too. :)

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
No, FV, thank you for replying. Just was a bad day, guess it caught me the wrong way. know your intentions were helpful.

My apologies, and thanks again.

No worries Jim.
Good luck with anything you end up doing.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Cheri, thanks for the reply. Like the idea of the 'small' town' culture, as you put it. Being based in the SE, having a place to consider a 'home base', in MI, may be a bit far from ideal, but no company is a perfect fit. But so far, Load 1 and LS seem to be the ones.

Only negative point I've heard, for me, is using Pilot/Flying J's for fueling, as they are my least fav truck stops.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cheri, thanks for the reply. Like the idea of the 'small' town' culture, as you put it. Being based in the SE, having a place to consider a 'home base', in MI, may be a bit far from ideal, but no company is a perfect fit. But so far, Load 1 and LS seem to be the ones.

Only negative point I've heard, for me, is using Pilot/Flying J's for fueling, as they are my least fav truck stops.

You don't have to fuel at either - if you use your money instead of the fuel card. If you do fuel there, you don't have to park there, and just think of how much you'll rack up on the Rewards card, lol. :)

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
You don't have to fuel at either - if you use your money instead of the fuel card. If you do fuel there, you don't have to park there, and just think of how much you'll rack up on the Rewards card, lol. :)

True, Cheri, but no discount unless you use the fuel card, right? I usually don't park at any truck stop, if I can help it, so that's not a issue. But I do use the TA and Petro service depts. quite often, so easier if I'm not having to go from one to another. And the shower credits stay on, longer, too :)

Granted, there are a lot more Pilots than any other.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
ps: The Wifi service at TA and Petros are better than Pilots, and i pay for it with my card points :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
personally for me the TA's/Petro shower program is a piece of crap....as being a little guy....They never get my fuel business...there is no excuse for such a shoddy program....I like the facilities for the most part tho...