little rock/memphis

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
What does Bolt cargo van freight look like going out of Little Rock or Memphis?

Also Longview, TX? With Panther I used to get good long runs when sitting around Longview and north of there, but I don't know how that translates to Bolt.

eb

ISLNANA

Seasoned Expediter
not sure about little rock/memphis-in texas so far we have done ok out of san antonio-but found out that amarillo is not so good.of course i don;t think it is for anyone else either-lol. heading down to ga tommorrow from mi.-hope we don't get stuck there!!:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
the memphis/ west memphis/ olive branch miss has been "ok" nothing great. Little rock has done nothing for me at all and i have never been to longview tx.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
not sure about little rock/memphis-in texas so far we have done ok out of san antonio-but found out that amarillo is not so good.of course i don;t think it is for anyone else either-lol. heading down to ga tommorrow from mi.-hope we don't get stuck there!!:)
I'm curious, what did you end up doing to get out of Amarillo? As a solo, I would have beat feet to El Paso, Friday night, hoping for a weekend load. ;)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
One thing to keep in mind is that what has been a good place for freight before, may not be anymore.....When you hit a town, while disatch doesn't like the phone calls, call them and ask just how many loads are coming out of a certain area in the last 30 days....they have the reports, alot of them don't like to take the time to look unless it is a weekend and slow but the info is available if you ask....

Now if enough of us call and ask, they might make this info available on the QC, they can do it, they know they can, and they keep saying they are working on it...enough calls to them might get ALL of the info we need available...

Let me see how many trucks are in a certain area, how long have they all been sitting, what position am i in within those there, how many loads have gone out of there on an avg day...avg wait time for a load in a certain area....that all and more info is available, they just won't free it up for some reason......call them, i do.......

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
One thing to keep in mind is that what has been a good place for freight before, may not be anymore.....When you hit a town, while disatch doesn't like the phone calls, call them and ask just how many loads are coming out of a certain area in the last 30 days....they have the reports, alot of them don't like to take the time to look unless it is a weekend and slow but the info is available if you ask....

Now if enough of us call and ask, they might make this info available on the QC, they can do it, they know they can, and they keep saying they are working on it...enough calls to them might get ALL of the info we need available...

Let me see how many trucks are in a certain area, how long have they all been sitting, what position am i in within those there, how many loads have gone out of there on an avg day...avg wait time for a load in a certain area....that all and more info is available, they just won't free it up for some reason......call them, i do.......
Chef, I ask the same questions over the qc. Imagine my surprise when I was talking to another straight truck driver and mentioned being in St. Louis last weekend (only one in 100 miles) to find out that he was also in the St. Louis area being told he was the only one in 100 miles. After sitting Friday into Monday evening, I asked about e.m., but was told stay there, you're the only truck. Guess they didn't count him. I left anyway and ran the rest of the week.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
When I move (normally after 36 hours mon thru fri) I don't ask them, i simply tell them i am moving and I don't take their EM pay...I take my dwell time with me..that way when i hit an area and it has another van or 2, i MIGHT, have more dwell time then them and move to the #1 spot on that board.....if i take the pay for the EM, i loss that dwell time...........

I use the QC for the info too, but i think if they get enough "calls", they will move on getting us the info over the qc ...we should beable to see that info anytime , not have to ask for it...it is simply another tool to let us plan how we do our business...

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Yes, it's nice to have access to data. I am curious to see what sort of system the company comes up with. Wonder if they're sitting back to see what panther comes up with. I got fairly proficient at their system of the '07 vintage, but then they went and changed it, then they went and changed it, then they went and.... Hopefully we aren't waiting on a panther solution, because you can go to their subforum, and it sounds like it's still being overhauled. One thing I liked about the panther system was it being accessible online. It was easier to look at more data than the little bits that can be seen on a qc display.

eb

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i was on my way to memphis from dallas on an em when i got a call to meet a strt trk in little rock for leg 2 to michigan. other than that bupkis. been to memphis twice.

dispatch did dh me home for the weekend though.

ISLNANA

Seasoned Expediter
We went to Oklahoma City and had a run out of there before we even got there. We had the option to go to El Paso, we considered it, but couldn't justify that long of a deadhead with the current loaded rates, the fact that Mexico was basically shut down and could of set there for who knows how long.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
We went to Oklahoma City and had a run out of there before we even got there. We had the option to go to El Paso, we considered it, but couldn't justify that long of a deadhead with the current loaded rates, the fact that Mexico was basically shut down and could of set there for who knows how long.
Glad they were able to get you out of Oky City. Hope you're running steady. :)