Like to read?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I remember when you first got an ereader, and we argued about how much better it is than books. I didn't think so - I have always loved reading , and didn't think it could be good to give up the actual books for an electronic gizmo.
I was wrong, and you were right. [It's August 24, 2013, if you want to make note of it on your calendar, lol.]
I've had the Paperwhite for about 8 months, and wouldn't trade it for all the books in China, even if I could read Chinese.
:eek:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Cheri I love my Kindle and felt the same way as you. While I say there's nothing like a library or holding a book an ereader on the road is more efficient and a space saver. I've had mine since June and I wouldn't trade it for the world! :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Books are nice and always have a place. There are times when the ereader beats a book hands down. I have an easel case for my PW and when I eat it sits upright on the table and never closes unexpectedly and never loses my place. It also brings a couple hundred books along in the space of one Reader's Digest magazine. Yeah, I was right.

Monty

Expert Expediter
When we go to Aruba each January, the readers are loaded from the library. All 21 day check outs, so we both get a chance to read. And heaven forbid we run out ... we can always download more from the Internet.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I should have specified when I eat alone. I don't read when I am in the company of others. I've never gotten a library book on mine. I have so many freebies as well as daily specials for only a dollar or two that I could read for a year or two every waking moment.