Lift Gate Lift Axle

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
One more cost incurred with adding a lift axle is tolls.

My lift axle is nonadjustable, it is either up or down. It used to be that the state of LA could mess with you if you could control the pressure from in the cab. I haven't heard of it lately but most relocated or eliminated the adjustment valve.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One more cost incurred with adding a lift axle is tolls.

My lift axle is nonadjustable, it is either up or down. It used to be that the state of LA could mess with you if you could control the pressure from in the cab. I haven't heard of it lately but most relocated or eliminated the adjustment valve.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Some provinces in Canada have a problem with lift axles as well. My pressure adjustments are in a tool box on one side of the truck. My switch to raise and lower are in a box on the other side. Nothing inside my cab.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
As a surface truck we used our lift axle much more than our lift gate. Both helped us to get more freight which was our goal. If we would have had to choose we would have went with the lift axle first.

We use our lift axle in the wind as well to stabilize the truck and also in the mountains.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I run all over the place, my truck is in demand because of the lask of lift gates all around the area, I recently did a run in new york where I got an extra 300+ and extra 75 for my labor, for the use of lift gate, I was in ther area, and just had to drive 30 miles dead to get there, took less than an hour, so if I use my gate 10 times a month, it's just better dinner money. I'll take a lift gate any day.
the extra axle is nice too, but the ifta crap attatched to the extra capacity isn't worth it to me