Lets share recipes!

lisalewis

Seasoned Expediter
I'm trying to lose weight so any quick recipes that I can use with a microwave or George Forman grill is much appriciated. Here is one good one that I've found:

Two frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (seasoned with Mrs Dash)
One bag frozen seasoned veggies (potatoes, pee pods, red peppers, onions)

I cook the chicken on the Froman grill and cut it up into bite sized pieces. I cook the veggies in the microwave then mix with the chicken pieces...sooo good!! My hubby mixes in a little microwavable brown rice too. I try to skip the rice cause of the carbs.

The meal without rice...is only 320 calories! It make so much that me and the hubby had to share.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm sorry Lisa. But the recipes I have make me gain 10 lbs just thinkin bout em. :7

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i take a talipa felit from walmart and put season salt on it in the formen about 2 min and do the walmart steamer and use fresh veggies and it is so good

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Glad has a new bag out now, they're called simply cooking steamer bags.

"Now you can have crisp, tender veggies without the pots and pans—no more waiting for water to boil or clean up. With new Glad® SimplyCooking™ Microwave Steaming Bags getting healthy, great tasting food to the table takes just minutes. Use it for veggies and much more."

May be something worth looking into!

Anne

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Oh, Glad bags for steaming! What a great concept! I can't wait to give these a try. It sounds perfect for the truck since cleanup would be so simple. Thanks for sharing that tip!!!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
Wisdom is what's left after we've run out of personal opinions

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We are on our last day of home time and I am on my way back to the store for the Glad Steam Bags they had to have created that for truck drivers!

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Since I have a very high metabolism rate and have never really had to be calorie conscious would anybody mind if I continue to enjoy occasional 7 course dinners---a 6 pack and a hot dog?

Pappy :p

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have a recipe that I really enjoy that is not to bad for you and I discovered I really like wheat spaghetti.

I cook the spaghetti in my rice cooker. Then I cook vegetables without using oil or butter also in the rice cooker. Here are a few of the fresh vegetables I like to use, asparagus, summer squashes, green onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and what ever else I feel like. I add Italian seasoning and also some fresh garlic then I add a can of tomatoes tidbits or the small cut up tomato pieces and their juice. I mix the spaghetti back in with the vegetables and it is great dish. You can also freeze the leftovers in single serve portions for later consumption.

FAMOUS AMOS

Expert Expediter
I cook up several meats when at home and put them in freezer bags. Keep in the freezer til ready to make a dish. Chicken, stew beef, hamburger.

Hubby likes this chicken casserole:

take a bag of cooked chicken out of freezer

use boil in bag rice...prepare it in microwave

can of cream of chicken soup (mixed with 1/2 can water)

(can add a can of veggies if u want, I use green peas and carrots)
(line casserole dish with wax paper)

layer chicken in bottom of casserole dish, add layer of veggies, layer of rice, pour cream of chicken soup on top add salt n pepper to taste.

microwave til good n hot....deeeelicious!!

:7 :7