Lets Remember September Locatoons & More

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Baby steps...

A little feeling of accomplishment today. After 5 years, I just finished my first oil change on my Sprinter.
Considering this is only the 2nd oil change I've done in my life, (1st one at age 15 which I hated doing), I rather enjoyed doing it. Dad was a master mechanic, but I wanted nothing to do with it. Something later in life I would regret, by not learning all I could from him.

Other then being over cautious, the oil change was ridiculously easy to do :rolleyes:

I may take a stab at the fuel filter next ;)
Oh geez, Roadtime .. how did you ever make it this far? lol

Every 10K I change the oil, fuel filter & get the tires balanced & rotated. Do 'em all at one interval .. easy to remember.

595,507 on mine

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Right behind you at 591,553 and still running like a champ.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sleep ... but irregular at best ...
Now DH into Michigan for load that will make WOM smile ..

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Going to Houston? Lol

Better stay away from Hurricane areas, THEY'RE MINE

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Lol .... while on way to Grand Blanc load to Waterloo , Iowa it grew from 1 skid (400lbs) to a straight truck load .... Dry Run

So was sitting for 1 hour at Michigan City ... load call ... now loading in Goshen , In. delivering Sat. am in Waterloo , Iowa .. so WOM alittle Drum roll ... please ...

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
emoji6.png

I wonder that myself sometimes lol.
Relying on others to do the basics has been costly.

I will definitely be taking over the oil changes, that was just too easy to do.
Although, I may feel differently come winter time ;)

The fuel filter, that's to be determined. I did attempt it yesterday, got it done, but what a pain and mess.
Unfortunately, as with many prior mechanics, I ran into a problem.
Now it will not start.

The main issue is my 2002 does not have a self primer and the system needs to be bled.
Even my Sprinter mechanic Wayne had difficulty the first couple of times, but pretty much has it down to a science now.

I added fuel to the filter like Wayne does to avoid this problem, but since it took me soooo long to swap out the fuel filter, my fuel line went completely dry.

Using a old "tip" from a source not to crack it for more then 10 secs at a time, to not run the battery down, it did just that. After consulting the manual, I was reminded that when bleeding the system you should crack it for up to 1 min.
But by this time I knew that wasn't going to happen. So recharging the battery, will add my jumper start box and give it another go today :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
emoji6.png

The fuel filter, that's to be determined. I did attempt it yesterday, got it done, but what a pain and mess.
Now it will not start.

The main issue is my 2002 does not have a self primer and the system needs to be bled.
Even my Sprinter mechanic Wayne had difficulty the first couple of times, but pretty much has it down to a science now.

I added fuel to the filter like Wayne does to avoid this problem, but since it took me soooo long to swap out the fuel filter, my fuel line went completely dry.

Using a old "tip" from a source not to crack it for more then 10 secs at a time, to not run the battery down, it did just that. After consulting the manual, I was reminded that when bleeding the system you should crack it for up to 1 min.
But by this time I knew that wasn't going to happen. So recharging the battery, will add my jumper start box and give it another go today :rolleyes:
I change my oil out here....just let the engine warm up the oil a bit...try not to get it too hot...and the oil drains jiffy quick....still takes 10 minutes or less...depends on how long you let it drain....change the filter while its draining...Voila!! Cash in the bank.

BTW the miles you run..you might have to do maybe 2 changes....:pokepoke:

Reactions: ntimevan

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
emoji6.png

Now it will not start.

I change my oil out here....just let the engine warm up the oil a bit...try not to get it too hot...and the oil drains jiffy quick....still takes 10 minutes or less...depends on how long you let it drain....change the filter while its draining...Voila!! Cash in the bank.

BTW the miles you run..you might have to do maybe 2 changes....:pokepoke:
Oh honey.. the pickup needs an oil change! lol