Leaking battery bank

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Can anyone point me to the dot regs on batteries....it has to do with a aux battery bank that powered my espar in my van.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That should be very easy to find in your Green book.
For batteries, mounted securely, wires not chaffing, and tops covered I imagine are the biggest violation issues.
Leaking?
I’d bet they are not allowed to leak as fast as I’d take that Bears over Lions bet.
No takers there. And you call yourselves fans !

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Thanks the guy i sold my van to is complaining that i "stole" the batteries to resell for money 10 months later....

The batteries were removed 2 months before i agreed to sell him the van because of them leaking.he didn't drive the van like 4 or 5 months so it sat up at load one parked....now common sense would tell you leaking acid and wood/metal floors do not mix.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When Load1 drivers have to start stealing batteries to sell for scrap the whole industry will be hurting.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The driver that bought the van is now going to be charged with a 5th degree felony in the state of ohio for taking my license plates and registration and going home with them after he was told by the title bureau that he had to give them to me before leaving. It was even in the contract we both signed that he had to give me the plates and registration.....so its now a breach of contract as well.

Reactions: billg27

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The driver that bought the van is now going to be charged with a 5th degree felony in the state of ohio for taking my license plates and registration and going home with them after he was told by the title bureau that he had to give them to me before leaving. It was even in the contract we both signed that he had to give me the plates and registration.....so its now a breach of contract as well.
Not to be a rabble rouser or anything, why didn't you remove those from the van before giving him the keys?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trying to be a rabble rouser, why didn’t you remove those from the van before giving him the keys ?

As transparent as my President.

Reactions: brokcanadian

guido4475

Not a Member

Not that it matters, but im guessing it was a lease to own agreement.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Not that it matters, but im guessing it was a lease to own agreement.

Lease to own, or not, the question is why not remove items before, or when, turning over the keys.
If it’s a lease to own it’s off to a shaky start.

Reactions: guido4475

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That’s cool on the receipt.
Since this is the most drama on this site in months, and you’ve piqued everyone’s curiosity, we need more of the back story.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Suspense, Drama, Sex, ( don’t want to know about any sex) and Felonies!!!!

Wait for the next exciting episode of Elliott’s Place.

Reactions: brokcanadian

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Trying to be a rabble rouser, why didn’t you remove those from the van before giving him the keys ?

As transparent as my President.
If you mean about the plates he took the van home to north Carolina to work on the van and kept it till the plates expired and brought the plates up with him when he made his last payment which was 9 days late he paid me the money but drove off with the plates and registration paperwork.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
So on the day of the signing of the contract we did a walk around both inside and outside of the van. Buyer was told what was wrong with the van and what was removed and reasons for it.but he still signed the contract in front of witnesses....he then waited 9 months to complain about the battery bank that i removed 6 months before the sale of the van.

guido4475

Not a Member
So on the day of the signing of the contract we did a walk around both inside and outside of the van. Buyer was told what was wrong with the van and what was removed and reasons for it.but he still signed the contract in front of witnesses....he then waited 9 months to complain about the battery bank that i removed 6 months before the sale of the van.

Not saying a word. I feel for ya.