Layover pay

Umedjon Mahmudjonov

Rookie Expediter
I am new driver. Can you tell me how i can request layover pay. I pick up load on 12/26 and I have deliver load on 12/29. I drove 26-27 december. I stop at truck stop at 20:00 in 27 december. I did not drive in 28 december. On Monday 29th i have to drive only 30 minutes to my location. How i count layover time? Thanks a lot.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am new driver. Can you tell me how i can request layover pay. I pick up load on 12/26 and I have deliver load on 12/29. I drove 26-27 december. I stop at truck stop at 20:00 in 27 december. I did not drive in 28 december. On Monday 29th i have to drive only 30 minutes to my location. How i count layover time? Thanks a lot.
This should be addressed in your contract. You do have a contract, don't you?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have to request otherwise company doesn't pay me.

The company should tell you how to do it, but in this case, it looks as if layover [if any] should be included in the pay for the load. When you agree to pick up on Friday for delivery on Monday, any pay for 'layover' needs to be discussed with dispatch before you accept the load. Otherwise, it's not going to be paid - it isn't a 'layover' as we think of the term, it's a Fri pick up for Mon delivery.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Every load is a new contract. All pay for each load, including layover pay, is negotiated for each load contract. Layover pay should be negotiated as part of accepting the terms and conditions of the load contract in the first place.

A Friday pickup for Monday delivery is a pretty common scenario. If it's one that requires a layover, you'd better secure any layover pay as a condition of accepting the load. Otherwise you aren't likely to get it.