Layover Coffee, whats ur cup?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
The best coffee is free coffee, but the truck stops that give you a free cup or fountain soda if you fillup are few and far between:)

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If fresh brewed I like a dark roast – mostly Folgers
McDonald’s has the best coffee on the road.:)
If resorting to a t/s – it would have to be Pilot.
Dunkin Donut’s is OK.
Tim Horton’s just doesn’t cut it.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
1. I ALWAYS look for an independent coffee/espresso shop. You will generally get the freshest roasted and ground coffee there.

2. Tim Hortons

3. BigBucks (AKA Starbucks)

4. White Castle (Yeah, I know - they do have great java).

5. Dunkin Donuts

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Zlatna Dzezva.

The closest way I've found to duplicate it domestically is get the Arabian Mocha Java at starbucks or a good chocolate roasted, arabica bean ground at the turkish setting on the coffee grinder. The grind is key. It has to be the consistency of flour. Then it's brewed turkish style.

I rarely drink coffee anymore, but this is my preferred poison.

eb

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The daily ritual is usually a Starbucks Triple Venti White Chocolate Mocha (the extra shot makes it taste just right) .... or sometimes, if it's gonna be a long ride overnight, a Six-Pump Quad Venti White Chocolate Mocha - the extra pump of syrup takes the edge off that 4th shot) ...... but it will still leave ya twitching .....

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Ahh coffee. I remember the first time I had to make coffee for the First Sergeant. I was the CQ (charge of quarters, kinda like the baby sitter at night) The one rule that you never ignored was that you were to have fresh hot coffee in the 30 cup percolator when he walked in the door in the morning. Not knowing the amount of coffee grounds to put in the dang thing I just put a scoop per cup in the basket. When he came in and grabbed his Top (nick name for 1st Sgt.) cup he always looked at it before and after pouring his first of many cups for the day. (maybe to make sure we had washed it) He kind of gave it a second look after pouring the cup (not a good sign) took his normal swig and his eyes got so big you couldn't see his forehead. Lets just say that it was a very bold tasting cup of joe. For what ever reason the next day there were directions on how to make coffee(similar to what Turtle would write) above the coffee pot.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
i know the feeling, but I did put in the right amount of coffee in the squadron coffee pot, but I made the mistake of cleaning the inside of the 30 cup maker,,,,,,,,,the chief of he-lo outfit came in and took a cup of coffee and the cursing began. blankety blank blank %^$#&*()(*&^%$#@ continued, then he ask who made the coffee.............of course I said I did. He said what did u do and I told him i clean the maker and put in the coffee as posted. I was told never to clean the coffee maker again,,because he wanted the walls of the pot dark because he said it seasoned the pot and the coffee taste better..well that was 40 years ago,,,I will always remember Chief Shockey:D God bless the USN and those of us who flew in choppers

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Me
1. Dunkin
2. Pilot -House/Columbia mixed
3. Wilco
4. Loves
If we can brew it in the truck, then it's usually Maxwell House Columbia

Hubby
All the above but being a retired Submariner, he can drink absolutely anything, even Flying J coffee:eek:

Topcat

Seasoned Expediter
WAWA makes good coffee. They always keep fresh pots made.
If you are ever here in New Jersey, Delaware, or Pennsylvia. Stop by for a cup. 12 oz cost $1.23.That is the size I buy. They also have 16, 20, and 24 oz size. WAWA is a conveinance store like 7-11.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
i will drink any coffee, but I have to have coffee mate creamer to make it work for me,,,I carry it n my van,,life goes on then:D

milpig

Expert Expediter
I was in the Army untill just a few weeks ago. Any coffee tastes better then the company or chow hall coffee. I have drank some brews that would make a man with no taste buds choke.

Any coffee as long as it is hot and cheap.

Dunkin doughnuts if I have to pick one.