Laws Stop Crime?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep, gun control laws will, without a doubt stop crime. :rolleyes: This is all taking place in one of the most tightly controlled, most oppressed countries on the globe.

As stated a zillion times before, this is not about crime control or the stopping of school shootings. It solely about controlling the People.

As stated before, Prohibition did not stop drinking and increased crime. The war on drugs did not stop drug use and increased crime. The 1968 gun control act, passed to put an end to gun crimes did not end them and increased crime. The AR15 used in CT WAS registered AND was located in one of the worst states in the Union for restricting people's rights and did nothing to stop the school shooting.

Wake up people, before it is too late and the killing REALLY starts.

Desperate for weapons, Syrian rebels make their own, fix tanks

ALEPPO PROVINCE, Syria (Reuters) - At a converted warehouse in the midst of a block of residential homes in a northern Syrian town, men are hard at work at giant lathes, shavings of metal gathering around them.

Sacks of potassium nitrate and sugar lie nearby.

In a neat row against the wall is the finished product, homemade mortars. Syrian rebels say they have been forced to make them because their calls for heavy weapons and ammunition to fightPresident Bashar al-Assad have gone unanswered.

"No one's giving us any support. So we're working on our own to strike Bashar," said a bearded man spinning the metal to create the warhead.

Using the Internet, the workshop of about seven men work together to try and perfect the crude weapons. For explosives, they pick out TNT from unexploded rockets that Assad's forces have fired towards them and repackage them into their own weapons. Each gave different estimates of themortars' range.

"We're volunteers, we were workers, we were never soldiers. They're locally made. They don't have the strength of the regime's rockets, but they are having good effects," said Abu Mohammed, who said the mortars created a 3-1/2 meter crater.

Another worker said the mortars, which take about a day to make, could reach a distance of 6 km (almost 4 miles).

Although the rebels, who are mostly Sunni Muslim fighters, have made big gains in the northern and eastern parts of Syria in the 21-month conflict, they are outgunned by Assad's forces.

Some rebel groups are receiving supplies from Gulf states, and Western countries say they are giving non-lethal aid. But many rebels say they have not received anything.

Colonel Abdel-Jabbar Oqaidi, who heads the rebels' military council in Aleppo province, told Reuters last week that his forces are fighting without any help from the Western and Arab governments which want Assad removed from power.

"We aren't able to get any weapons from abroad. We have nothing except for the rifle to fight with," said another man at the workshop.

OLD TANKS

The success rate of the weapons is questionable. Two men said the mortars hit 80 to 90 percent of the targets, but there have been problems. Sometimes the mortars do not detonate, other times they explode prematurely.

"The more we practice, the more experience we get," said one of the men, explaining how they discovered that if they let the propelling agent mixture set for too long it absorbed humidity, which in turn stopped the mortar from detonating.

At one of the Aleppo frontline positions, rebels fired the mortars from a homemade tube, fashioned from piping on a mount made from a car axle.

The rebels have also been working on refurbishing weaponry acquired during takeovers of Assad's military bases.

Parked in a residential street, a group of men have been working on fixing a T-72 tank whose gear box was blown.

Abu Jumaa, one of the mechanics working on the 1970s tank, said fighters had taken it from an infantry college in north Syria that had recently fallen to rebel forces.

"We have no tanks, no planes, no artillery. All we have is what we get in spoils and we go to war against him (Assad) with what we get. That's the reality. We're forced to do this," he told Reuters.

"These tanks are useless in the first place. It can't be called a tank, It's a lump of scrap iron," he said gesturing at the chipped army green metal.

Rebel fighters on the frontline consistently complain of shortages of weapons and ammunition that have forced them to stop advances and focus on keeping the ground they have gained.

"We get 3,000 bullets a month. No anti-aircraft missiles ... everything is from the military bases (we take over)," said one young rebel fighter from the Supporters of Mohammed Brigade, wearing a plaid yellow and black turban.

Even though the rebels have managed to seize large quantities of weapons from military bases, they struggle with a chronic shortage of ammunition and weapons to target Assad's fighter jets.

"You see how the planes are striking all of us, not differentiating between old and young ... God has helped us, we've made these rockets and we're using them to hit back at them all over again," said Abu Mohammed.

Desperate for weapons, Syrian rebels make their own, fix tanks - Yahoo! News

Monty

Expert Expediter
Which comes first, Law or Order?

I submit order .. it we are not a moral/ordered society, then laws are for naught.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing can stop crime. More laws will create more crime. "Assault Rifles" are very easy to come by. REAL assault rifles, not semi auto's. National Guard and Reserve units have very poor security and are easily robbed or attacked. There one can get all kinds of weapons and ammo. Low quality to be sure but it will all go bang. Only fools believe that more laws will stop crime

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Nothing can stop crime. More laws will create more crime. "Assault Rifles" are very easy to come by. REAL assault rifles, not semi auto's. National Guard and Reserve units have very poor security and are easily robbed or attacked. There one can get all kinds of weapons and ammo. Low quality to be sure but it will all go bang. Only fools believe that more laws will stop crime
I've never seen such faith as those who believe government, even proper government, can accomplish so much.
The War On Poverty? How's that working out? Jesus said we will always have the poor among us.
The War On Drugs? Laughable.
Prohibition? A real screaming success, if you were a rum runner or other mobster.
We just have to come to grips with the reality that man is a fallen creature and we can't legislate that away. To believe otherwise is childish & naive, an appeal to magic.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Amazing how you guys go on and on and on forever ... You DON'T have a disagreeable audience....lol you are talking to yourselves you need a rubber room

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Amazing how you guys go on and on and on forever ... You DON'T have a disagreeable audience....lol you are talking to yourselves you need a rubber room

Yes, many who reside in here are either in FAVOR of gun control or will do NOTHING to fight it when the time comes. Which means that are on the "other side".

One is either FOR the Constitution or AGAINST it. There is NO middle ground. ANYONE who took the oath, before God, to defend it and does not, will soon visit the fires of hell.

The rest is repetitive training to insure that the lessons are not forgotten. Kinda like your times tables.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yes, many who reside in here are either in FAVOR of gun control or will do NOTHING to fight it when the time comes. Which means that are on the "other side".

One is either FOR the Constitution or AGAINST it. There is NO middle ground. ANYONE who took the oath, before God, to defend it and does not, will soon visit the fires of hell.

The rest is repetitive training to insure that the lessons are not forgotten. Kinda like your times tables.

once i grew up, i didnt have to do my times tables anymore. they were committed to memory.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
once i grew up, i didnt have to do my times tables anymore. they were committed to memory.

These 10 or so will go on and on and on....about the same old thing...like they are talking to someone that matters...LOL...for the last 10 years that I know of they have done nothing but bang on the keys.....that' ll show them politicians....we'll beat them with our keyboard.....hahaha
I've had enough..Now I'll throw my printer at you...LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"I know of they have done nothing but bang on the keys.....that' ll show them politicians....we'll beat them with our keyboard.....hahaha
I've had enough..Now I'll throw my printer at you...LOL"

And how do you KNOW this?
:confused: I contend that you have NO CLUE what is being done to counteract Obama's attempts at a Marxist take over.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"I know of they have done nothing but bang on the keys.....that' ll show them politicians....we'll beat them with our keyboard.....hahaha

:confused: I contend that you have NO CLUE what is being done to counteract Obama's attempts at a Marxist take over.

You are absolutely right/correct,....but I contend nothing NEEDS to be the truth in the Soapbox...it is all based on rumor, truck stop gossip, bad media and historical trends and very little FACTS...
woke up in a snit...picking more on the soapbox then anyone....you know I am pushing for a game room and get rid of this slum district of EO....:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are absolutely right/correct,....but I contend nothing NEEDS to be the truth in the Soapbox...it is all based on rumor, truck stop gossip, bad media and historical trends and very little FACTS...
woke up in a snit...picking more on the soapbox then anyone....you know I am pushing for a game room and get rid of this slum district of EO....:)

There is far more truth than you may think. I contend that most assume things not to be true just because they themselves do not see it.

As to some of my "stories" one is going to see the facts coming out slowly over the next few years as documents and programs are declassified. Just like the ones on the Faulkland War and the photo bird projects. The realities are going to come out, not that anyone will care, most will ignore it and wallow in their ignorance, more so if it does not fit their preconceived ideas, which will be the case.

As to getting rid of the SoapBox, attendance is voluntary, not mandatory, so there is no need.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

but the republicans are so good they wanted to put down the vote cause not raising taxes on the lower and middle classes would add to the deficit. no matter who is in office, it never get any better cause they cant all work towards a goal together. they all let their agendas get in the way. biggest of those agendas is MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
but the republicans are so good they wanted to put down the vote cause not raising taxes on the lower and middle classes would add to the deficit. no matter who is in office, it never get any better cause they cant all work towards a goal together. they all let their agendas get in the way. biggest of those agendas is MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!

What do the Rumbumlicans have to do with this? They are no different than the Demoncrats.

The deficit is NOT caused by lack of tax revenue, it is solely caused by over spending. It will never get better as long as there are more gimmie goobers than producers. We have to get past the idea that some are entitled to what they did not earn.

What SHOULD have been done, in the short term, was installing a one size fits all tax rate that EVERYONE pays. No more free rides. In the long term the income tax needs to be done away with. Taxes are far too high. High taxes are retarding economic activity.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is far more truth than you may think. I contend that most assume things not to be true just because they themselves do not see it.

As to some of my "stories" one is going to see the facts coming out slowly over the next few years as documents and programs are declassified. Just like the ones on the Faulkland War and the photo bird projects. The realities are going to come out, not that anyone will care, most will ignore it and wallow in their ignorance, more so if it does not fit their preconceived ideas, which will be the case.

As to getting rid of the SoapBox, attendance is voluntary, not mandatory, so there is no need.

I am still in a snit....LOL

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
What do the Rumbumlicans have to do with this? They are no different than the Demoncrats.

The deficit is NOT caused by lack of tax revenue, it is solely caused by over spending. It will never get better as long as there are more gimmie goobers than producers. We have to get past the idea that some are entitled to what they did not earn.

What SHOULD have been done, in the short term, was installing a one size fits all tax rate that EVERYONE pays. No more free rides. In the long term the income tax needs to be done away with. Taxes are far too high. High taxes are retarding economic activity.

wrong, not according to house republicans. they were voting against the cliff because not raising taxes on low and middle income would add trillions to the deficit. straight from your republican minority leaders mouth. so they thought it had something to do with it.