"Largest Expediting Company in the County"

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Panther II is advertising on this site they are the "Largest Expediting Company in The Country"

My question is WHAT COUNTRY?

The latest figures from FMCSA SAFER site shows FedEx C.C. with 1431 trucks, and 916 for PII.

fortwayne

Not a Member
Who cares.
Biggest, big, in the middle, small, the smallest.
Size does not matter!
If you get paid and you are happy that is all that matters.
Of course we are talking about trucking and not (well you know) with the whole size thing.

Fort Wayne
Now That Is Stupid!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Swift is supposedly the biggest trucking in the world. What does that tell ya about bigger?

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We are talking about telling the truth here. Is`nt that what your momma taught you.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I am always busy, I never sit and I don't take loads for less than $2.50 per mile. Yeah, thats it, thats the ticket. Oh yeah and my trucks bigger than yours too so nyah nyah. :+

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Thawk,Swift is not the largest trucking company in the world.That "honor" goes to UPS,with Fedex #2.Swift is in the top 10.DD.

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The question is who really lies more: & I'll bet it's the Black Cat. Then again, I just noticed a beef on this site about FECC farming out loads to the red arrow trucking co.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
If they were bragging about being the biggest company that would make me not want to lease onto them.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
DD... maybe they were talking about OTR company... don't know. Just saying that a lot of ppl have learned that being in the biggest, individuals get lost in the bigness.

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
RE:

Comes down to this, and I agree with Ark. If they are the 'biggest,' then that means they don't care about the drivers as much as they used to. I hear it all the time about how companies use their claim to be the biggest and best to try to lure people in. Problem is, with expedite companies, that usually means they're encouraging brown-nosing and competition amongst drivers.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Simon,fedcc has farmed out loads for years,how do you think they can keep a customer if their load doesnt get picked up on time,when their drivers say no,someone has to haul it,or the customer will be gone,but they only use certain companies

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
But the question was (in another thread) why they didn't ask their own drivers first. Is it possible that they make more money by brokering out loads, rather than pay 63%(or whatever it is) of the tarrif to their contractors?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
panther farms out loads to. when i was haulin for them i'd load places all the time and have pascal trucks alot of times load with me and they always they were getting the loads thru panther. business is business to them.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
>The question is who really lies more: & I'll bet it's the
>Black Cat. Then again, I just noticed a beef on this site
>about FECC farming out loads to the red arrow trucking co.

Talk about jumping off topic....the key word most seem to be missing here is "expediting" company.... not just company.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What's the Largest Expediting Company?

If we are talking about the largest exclusive expediting company, well Panther may be the one but if we are talking about the largest company that has a presents in the expediting market (with real market share that is), it is by far FedEx.

are12

Expert Expediter
RE: What's the Largest Expediting Company?

Here we go again!!!

That's all I have to say on this subject!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
RE: What's the Largest Expediting Company?

i really don't see why it matters. if you are comfortable where you are it shouldn't matter what another carrier is.

whitey1

Seasoned Expediter
>Panther II is advertising on this site they are the "Largest
>Expediting Company in The Country"
>
>My question is WHAT COUNTRY?
>
>The latest figures from FMCSA SAFER site shows FedEx C.C.
>with 1431 trucks, and 916 for PII.
Hi Redytrk,
I tried all the Panther dealies on this site that I could find.
I saw that they claimed to be the "fastest growing expedite company".
Would you be ok with pointing out where they claimed to be the "largest"?

Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a slam on any poster here, especially the originator of this post, nor should it be construed as an endorsement of Panther Expediting.