Laptop Tv

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
We can pick up anything the TV at home can pick up. If you have Dish Network or Direct TV at home then you can watch anything just like you are at home. You can also add a Replay box and record your favorite shows to watch when you aren't running in the middle of the night.

We debated about adding a satellite dish to the truck and we did some pricing but we decided this is a better way to go for us. Trying to adjust those satellite dishes can be a real problem.

This is pricey but eliminates the adjustment problem . If you have Dish or DirectTv at home just bring a receiver on the truck . Mobile satellite tv for truck and rv - the Vu Qube antenna

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Flying J had a petition that I signed to help them get fcc authroity to offer tv through the intenet... but I can't find that petition now.... only the "thank you for signing" page comes up when I do a search of the flying j site.

If and when Flying J should get that I wonder how much they'll charge the drivers that helped them. I bet it won't be cheap, look what they charge just for an internet connection which any motel and coffee shop or book store will give you for free.

tblount

Seasoned Expediter
If and when Flying J should get that I wonder how much they'll charge the drivers that helped them. I bet it won't be cheap, look what they charge just for an internet connection which any motel and coffee shop or book store will give you for free.

I never got it to work at these places. Ihop is supposed to have it and I tried a few locations... even asked the managers and they just said it's not working right now.

$20 isn't bad for high speed.... you will pay more than twice that at your home. Anyway, Flying - J does't run it... it's run by TON services. The people working at Flying don't even know it's there or if it's working.

It's the same price at TA.

It doesn't look like the fcc likes the idea though. That's why they started the petition.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anyway, Flying - J does't run it... it's run by TON services. The people working at Flying don't even know it's there or if it's working.

TON Services is owned and operated by Flying J Communications, a subsidiary of Flying J, Inc.

Flying J's headquarters and the headquarters for TON Services are about 300 yards apart. The space in between them are occupied largely by other Flying J buildings.

TON Services handles the communications, phone cards, scanning, faxing. There's very little that goes on at a Flying J that Flying J doesn't own.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
$20 isn't bad for high speed.... you will pay more than twice that at your home.
Yeah ..... only problem with this is I pay $36 (or is it $26 ?) for our DSL at home ..... but it's a 3 Mbps to 6 Mbps connection ..... with no real bandwidth cap (at least not one I've ever been able to hit .....)

If I could (reliably) get just a uncapped connection of 1.5 Mbps out on the road I'd give $20 a month for that .... sure, you betcha ....