Landstar?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Crazy,do you feel a tugging sensation in any of your legs?:D
Yes , especially with an April 1 starting date . March 3 is pretty early to be starting April Fool's jokes though . I just expect so much integrity in posts by members here . I'll believe almost anything .

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I don't think their expedite division exists any more. Landstar Express America went away about, what, a year ago?

Yeah, that's it. That's the company that handles a few of my receivables for me, will extend me $300,000 in load credit for them, while they will extend me $100,000 for Panther and only $7,000 for Express-1, should I ask them to.

wellarmed

Not a Member
We are sworn to secrecy and cannot disclose what we do or who our customers are. Sharing information with other drivers or companies is considered conspiracy and anyone caught will only be offered Canadian runs if any at all.

Landstar has also elected not to participate in the slow economy. Which has been hard on us that do not feel it is the American way.

Please don't take it personal if you don't hear Landstar drivers complaining, because it is not that we don't want to jump on the band wagon.....It's because we Can't.

Why be a contractor if you are going to be controled by a company. WE CAN'T? Boy thats sad,Landstar, come to work for us but keep your mouth shut,don't speek unless spoken too and if you have any complaints keep them to yourself because we don't want to hear them. Where do I sign up!LOL,ROFL THE CONTENTS OF THIS POST ARE THE PERSONAL OPINION OF WELLARMED INC. AND IN NO WAY REFLECT THE OPINIONS OF OTHER EO MEMBERS OR ADVERTISERS ANY COMENTS OR QUESTION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT MY ATTORNEY AT 1-800-EAT-CHIT:rolleyes:

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Why be a contractor if you are going to be controled by a company. WE CAN'T? Boy thats sad,Landstar, come to work for us but keep your mouth shut,don't speek unless spoken too and if you have any complaints keep them to yourself because we don't want to hear them. Where do I sign up!LOL,ROFL THE CONTENTS OF THIS POST ARE THE PERSONAL OPINION OF WELLARMED INC. AND IN NO WAY REFLECT THE OPINIONS OF OTHER EO MEMBERS OR ADVERTISERS ANY COMENTS OR QUESTION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT MY ATTORNEY AT 1-800-EAT-CHIT:rolleyes:

Wellarmed?

Did you feel a large burst of air above your head or hear a loud swoosh as that one went over your head???

Armed and dangerous.....Oh yeah!!!!

guido4475

Not a Member
well I will chime in here...a Landstar BOC, currently in memphis. We are no doubt in the same boat as anyone here, slow freight cheap rates. Our brokers are doing their best to hold the line and try to get reasonable freight rates for us. Unfortunately all the other expedite carriers insist on dropping the rates so we dont get a lot of the work. But having said that, I would rather sit for a few days then drive for free. Cheap freight is like crack you get your shippers hooked on it and thats all their ever going to want. Your carriers are not doing you any favors by cutting the rates to alledgedly stay competitive.

Not being a cheerleader but after working for the purple vampires this company is really what being an o/o is about, I got an old lady to hold my hand thanks!

(I say vampires because anyone who takes a percentage of your FSC is a vampire sucking the blood right out of you period!)
You hit it right on the head perfectly.Last time I was aware of, Landstar was the only co. that showed what the total freight bill was being charged to the customer when you received your load info.I dont know if it is still that way or not.That showed me that they had nothing to hide.When I was there, at Landstar,They were an excellent co. to work for.Not one complaint And the rates were excellent.

cruzer

Not a Member
Wellarmed, there is no sense in trying. He thinks you didn't get it, he is the one that missed the pitch:D

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
Yep, Leam still here. Been busting butt last couple of months, taking WELL deserverd week off at home in Phoenix(currently 87 degrees poolside). The next cold adult beverage will be to salute those of you movin the freight next week.. Drive safe...

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
Unfortunately all the other expedite carriers insist on dropping the rates so we dont get a lot of the work. But having said that, I would rather sit for a few days then drive for free. Cheap freight is like crack you get your shippers hooked on it and thats all their ever going to want. Your carriers are not doing you any favors by cutting the rates to alledgedly stay competitive.

I woulda missed this post if a friend had not pointed it out. I like the "other expediters" bit here because you must not have gone to your own company's broker site to see all the CHEAP loads they post there. Guess they might be part of the problem too, eh? Just a thought

Last edited:

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I woulda missed this post if a friend had not pointed it out. I like the "other expediters" bit here because you must not have gone to your own company's broker site to see all the CHEAP loads they post there. Guess they might be part of the problem too, eh? Just a thought

You mean all of those LTL loads on their broker site? That's like measuring apples and peanuts. Not even similar. Only every now and then do I ever see an expedite posted on their site, FOR THE WHOLE COUNTRY. If an agent wants an expedite from a partner like my own company, they call me. It never even touches the board. And I think I've only had ONE agent call because we posted a truck on their broker site. ONE!

So how do they find a close truck if it ain't posted on their site? Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.

Just keep on calling on those posted LTLs, will ya?