Landstar?

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Howcome it appears we don't have members with Landstar? Are y'all choosing to be anonymous, are y'all too busy running to be posting on EO, or aren't they any? They're not even represented on the Carrier Forums. Just curious....

Roadpig

Expert Expediter
I don't think their expedite division exists any more. Landstar Express America went away about, what, a year ago?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There in one parked right next to me right now. On "Expediters Row" at the Petro in Bordentown. I have not seen anyone in the truck to ask and I have to leave soon for a pick-up. Don't know if I will get a chance to speak with them or not. Layoutshooter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow!! Speak of the devil!! There is a second Landstar Express America right across the way from me. No one in that truck either. Maybe they just park empty trucks all over the place for advertisement. Layoutshooter

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Howcome it appears we don't have members with Landstar? Are y'all choosing to be anonymous, are y'all too busy running to be posting on EO, or aren't they any? They're not even represented on the Carrier Forums. Just curious....

Hmmm As I read this posting there is a Landstar advertisement at the top of the page? :eek:

aileron

Expert Expediter
Landstar Express America still exists. If one of those 2 vans there is from Georgia, that is one of my friends who does not want anything to do with computers, so no forums. I know she has been there for a week (probably not at the Petro there, but in NJ) and as everybody else, is very slow right now.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
Leam drivers have elected to be unionized effective April 01, 2009. Many of us have elected to take the month of March off while details of our contract are finalized. Will post details when available..

Packmule

Expert Expediter
We are sworn to secrecy and cannot disclose what we do or who our customers are. Sharing information with other drivers or companies is considered conspiracy and anyone caught will only be offered Canadian runs if any at all.

Landstar has also elected not to participate in the slow economy. Which has been hard on us that do not feel it is the American way.

Please don't take it personal if you don't hear Landstar drivers complaining, because it is not that we don't want to jump on the band wagon.....It's because we Can't.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
pj, the landstar menue requires wayy more effort than most are willing to endure. i'm sure they are busy trying to help "themselves",steada typing on here. Tis a good ting. To keep em from typ'in BS. Not to, but, because of.

Last edited:

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
well I will chime in here...a Landstar BOC, currently in memphis. We are no doubt in the same boat as anyone here, slow freight cheap rates. Our brokers are doing their best to hold the line and try to get reasonable freight rates for us. Unfortunately all the other expedite carriers insist on dropping the rates so we dont get a lot of the work. But having said that, I would rather sit for a few days then drive for free. Cheap freight is like crack you get your shippers hooked on it and thats all their ever going to want. Your carriers are not doing you any favors by cutting the rates to alledgedly stay competitive.

Not being a cheerleader but after working for the purple vampires this company is really what being an o/o is about, I got an old lady to hold my hand thanks!

(I say vampires because anyone who takes a percentage of your FSC is a vampire sucking the blood right out of you period!)

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Having been former FDCC drivers we TOTALLY agree with the above statement. In addition we feel like true o/o's and are able to run our business as we see fit. Other drivers may leave the truckstop before us but at the end of the day we are running at a fair rate per mile. And speaking of fair rates we have to question why the cheap freight haulers here on EO proudly display their OOIDA members number. Do you not get it?

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
pj, the landstar menue requires wayy more effort than most are willing to endure. i'm sure they are busy trying to help "themselves",steada typing on here. Tis a good ting. To keep em from typ'in BS. Not to, but, because of.

Spellcheck much?

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are LEAM BCO's too, also ex FEDEXCC. Seeing a pattern? We also will not run for cheap freight, your only draining your lifelines into the gutter when you accept less than you can maintain yourselves and your vehicle on. Once in awhile to perhaps get somewhere else that is perhaps a better location, but, constantly NO THANKS. Wow there goes the phone again........ see you down the road!

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Jack,

As a matter of fact I am. The wife and I had our semi annual Dr's appointment Monday & Tuesday, and did not get a load for today. We are picking up a load Tomorrow A.M. and have another booked for Monday & Wednesday of next week.
We mainly stay with AA&E runs so we usually have a day wait between loads.
Some may stay loaded more than us with general freight but we prefer the AA&E niche.

Hey Col. ....As you were. You may want to load your piece before you fire it.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess you LS people don't whine too much, don't hear from you often :)
Now if Greg would come back..
You'd have enough to have a LS Carrier Forum here..

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Leam drivers have elected to be unionized effective April 01, 2009. Many of us have elected to take the month of March off while details of our contract are finalized. Will post details when available..

Has anyone else heard more on this ? Landstar O/O's on other forums say they know nothing about unionizing .