Landing gear

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter
26 feet box, tuck lift gate. Yeah I will need the landing gear. Anyone had it installed lately? $$$$$ how much?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Your losing available load weight with all that stuff large sleeper, lift gate, landing gear, etc..... What else are you wanting to add pallet jack load bars I'd rethink the whole thing

jamom123

Expert Expediter
If this truck is under 33,000 gvw then your wasting your time and money.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EO Forums mobile app

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I've never been refused to be loaded without landing gear and only once without an ICRC load down bar! I built my own and can remove it when I have to use my gate and it's never been asked for since I built it so there nananana
I keep it in my frame rail slot when not needed as I use my gate a lot even though it's 2 bolts to install it.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I've never been refused to be loaded without landing gear and only once without an ICRC load down bar! I built my own and can remove it when I have to use my gate and it's never been asked for since I built it so there nananana
I keep it in my frame rail slot when not needed as I use my gate a lot even though it's 2 bolts to install it.

What's an ICRC ?

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter
Your losing available load weight with all that stuff large sleeper, lift gate, landing gear, etc..... What else are you wanting to add pallet jack load bars I'd rethink the whole thing

Well, I am gonna have a small sleeper that is build in the cab. Yes to lift gate, pallet jack load bars, straps and my heavy ***.

Landing gear is an option that Im considering. Its a air ride, any ideas to avoid destroying air begs with out landing gear.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Well, I am gonna have a small sleeper that is build in the cab. Yes to lift gate, pallet jack load bars, straps and my heavy ***.

Landing gear is an option that Im considering. Its a air ride, any ideas to avoid destroying air begs with out landing gear.

Is this the extended cab m2 if so I always wondered if the little area in the back of the driver is considered a legal dot sleeper for logging sleep er time on log sheets

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Is this the extended cab m2 if so I always wondered if the little area in the back of the driver is considered a legal dot sleeper for logging sleep er time on log sheets

FL and international both have them and they both claim they are DOT compliant. To me it would be a rough way to live, but coming out of a cv I imagine it's pretty luxurious.

Gonna put an APU on it? I like my landing gear. I use them often. I've replaced both bags on my trucks and the KW bags were cheap but the Freightliner bags have been kinda pricey.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I'm going independent.

Truck is an update, I have been driving CV for 4 years.

Gotcha, then I'm not sure how the weight issue would affect you. At the Fed it would drop you to a c-unit and unless you did white glove type loads, extreme hazardous or very valuable, you would be hard to make much income with it. But being Independant I assume you've already seen the loads available. How much can your truck hold? 9-10k?

jamom123

Expert Expediter
WHY? sure, I will not be able to haul heavy loads, but there is plenty of lighter loads IMHO.

Because your defeating the purpose of landing gear because of your load capacity. I'm not telling you not to do it but I myself don't see the point.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Because your defeating the purpose of landing gear because of your load capacity. I'm not telling you not to do it but I myself don't see the point.

I don't follow you. I've had many forklifts in my truck loading a 1000 or 2000lb pallet. I don't need my landing gear for the pallets but for the forklift. I can understand why he would want them.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Also, according to holland, the holland classic model landing gear can support 39,000 lbs (smallest they have) and only weighs 158lbs. Your not adding much weight into the truck.