Landing gear

jamom123

Expert Expediter
I don't follow you. I've had many forklifts in my truck loading a 1000 or 2000lb pallet. I don't need my landing gear for the pallets but for the forklift. I can understand why he would want them.

You have a point Daffy like I told him it's all about personal preferance but the landing gear can save your airbags and suspension.

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter
So, my landing gear were installed. I'm happy the way it was done. I filled up all the way, added all my gear ( with pallet jack ) and I hit the scale. My weight was 17,320lbs which means, I can haul max 8679lbs. My truck is registered @ 25,999.

I'm happy :D

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
So, my landing gear were installed. I'm happy the way it was done. I filled up all the way, added all my gear ( with pallet jack ) and I hit the scale. My weight was 17,320lbs which means, I can haul max 8679lbs. My truck is registered @ 25,999.

I'm happy :D

Congrats! What's your fuel capacity? We can pick up over 500lbs in capacity by running 1/2 tanks.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Not good, 2x50 gallon tank.

Now, do you guys drop air suspension after lowering landing gear?

Yeah, not much you could do to loose weight there.

I use my suspension drop when needed to put my rear end level with the dock. Dropping the suspension after lowering the gears to me seems like a good way to bend the landing gear.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Drop air ride first then lower landing gear.

Speaking of dropping suspension I had a question and I'm wondering if someone might know the answer? I don't have this problem during warm months but it seems in cooler weather sometimes my air dump swith won't activate. Normally when you press it, it will light up red and my air buzzer will buzz as the air bags are dropped.But in cooler weather it doesn't always want to work. No light, no buzzer, and the air bags stay up. I can sometimes press it several different times and it may work and other times it won't work at all. Like I said it's only during cool weather that I've had this happen. I'm thinking it may be the switch but i thought I would ask and see if anybody else has had this problem or may know what the problem is. Thanks for any info.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Jam on , your dump valve is probably iced up , worse if they dump and I freezes open then your in a pickle, if ya have a heat gun you can try warming it up when frozen , I never dump air when it's below say 20 just to keep myself raised, I also add airline antifreeze when it's really cold say like 10

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Jam on , your dump valve is probably iced up , worse if they dump and I freezes open then your in a pickle, if ya have a heat gun you can try warming it up when frozen , I never dump air when it's below say 20 just to keep myself raised, I also add airline antifreeze when it's really cold say like 10

Thanks tknight for the response. But it doesn't have to be cold enough outside to freeze, I'm just talking in the 60's or below. Like the other day when it acted up it wasn't really that cold probably mid 60's. But in summer weather I have never had this problem.
And also mentioning it staying open after it dumps I have had it do that too. I would either turn the truck off (switch only works with ignition on) or drive fast enough for it to autmatically release.

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Jam on it sounds like a crappy dirty electrical connection or it could be rust in the valve ..... Either way repair it prior to it sticking open and never shutting makes for a very rough ride

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Jam on it sounds like a crappy dirty electrical connection or it could be rust in the valve ..... Either way repair it prior to it sticking open and never shutting makes for a very rough ride

Ok, I will check it out thanks for the help.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Drop air ride first then lower landing gear.

I agree, if you put down your landing gear and then let your airbags down it won't lower the rear anyway. My truck is the same as what daffy said most times I have to drop my airbags to become level with the dock. So I drop my airbags right before I bump the dock then lower my landing gear.