Kudos to CIS

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes and I also think they are capable of asking for themselves.

But see I don't.

Not that they are stupid but they just don't know what to ask.

I look at it this way, not many people understand cargo insurance or general liability insurance or that you can get breakdown coverage or even rental, downtime or even limited depreciation insurance.

I'm not thinking CIS is bad or not telling people what options they have but I think that a lot of us, including myself tend to forget that the people here looking for answers don't always know what to ask for or how to even ask it.

Leo, I commend you that you don't have a claim, hope it stays that way. I understand what you said but can I ask you what is the difference in price and service between the insurance from your carrier and CIS if you know.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We have a lot of owner operators that use CIS and I will say that I always hear very positive feedback. I think they focus on the expedite market so they understand it better than most. This let's them give really good service as they are more knowledgeable.

RMPM01

Seasoned Expediter
WOW

I can't believe it, I just saved my self $1200 a year. THX for mentioning CIS guys !!!!!!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I switched to them when the company I was with before stopped providing commercial insurance. I don't regret that decision one bit. I did save some money, but you can't put a price tag on the level of knowledge they have. I can call them up because a customer needs a new cert or a new filing needs to be done and everything is done promptly. With my old agent, I had to explain to him what I needed.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I saved enough for one week QC expense per month approximately, not a fortune but certainly a savings. As far as service, I don't recall any specifics before CIS. I just know theirs is excellent.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Greg

John and Shelly do a GREAT job and even fight for their contractors on claims. We had a tire that came off another trucks and was airborne and hit our one truck doing over $5000.00 in damage to the hood bumper and steer tire. The insurance company wanted to put it as a road hazard so we would have to pay $1000.00 deductible. John called the Insurance company and got it changed to where we only had to pay $100.00 deductible. John saved us over $900.00 on the claim. They always handle everything and make it fast and easy for us. Lots of follow up calls by them checking to see if everything was okay. Great people and love working with them. I hope this helps Greg with what your looking for. :)

fredb29617

Seasoned Expediter
Just google look for progressive commercial ins I'm very happy with them and have used the breakdown service also.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm glad this was brought back to the top. I haven't recently had a chance to say how excellent CIS is.