Kenworth or Pete

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
I know Jeff Jones is gone from Fort Wayne Truck, He was the only one I knew that sold T-300 expediters. Can anyone help me to find a dealer that sell the T-300 or Pete 330. I know there are dealers all over the country but I want someone who knows expediters.
Thank you.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would call Palmer truck group. They have KW in Indy, Ft Wayne, and I think Dayton Ohio. Indy does alot of custom work with ICT, ARI, and Bentz
Davekc

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
Thank you Dave. If I am correct you use a T-300 with a real big sleeper. How do you like the truck, and who is your sleeper mfg and how do you like them. I have no plans on going with a large sleeper 84' or smaller. It would be cool to have a big sleeper but I have to be able to work towards something. Thank you again.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We like the KW. Pete and KW are clearly the most durable of the class 7's. You give a little in space but you can't beat KW service.
When you look at the resale end, KW and Pete bring alot more than their competitors. The only other class 7 truck that uses some class 8 components is Sterling. You can go to a class 8 but they will be more expensive. We have a ICT sleeper. They build them in the size you are looking for. When shopping be careful not to cut too many corners here. ICT, Bentz, Double Eagle, ARI are the better sleepers when comparing price and quality. If your budget is limited the above may have some used or reconditioned ones.

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
I will be intouch with above companys, I never thought to check for used sleepers with each mfg. Thank you again for your help.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I talked to Ft. Wayne KW about putting a class 8 together, and the salesman put in a conference call with Palmer trucks. So far, Ft.Wayne seems to know expediting trucks. I'm looking at buying one at a fair price once the couple trades it in on a new one. But the guy does seem to know his stuff.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I have had good results dealing with Palmer trucks. We certainly have had good luck with our truck.
Davekc

IT_S HOT

Expert Expediter
Jeff is now @ Stoops freightliner in Ft.Wayne. He's still putting together expediters. He will be putting together a Columbia expediter soon. Give him a call, He's the most knowlagable salesman I've met!
ps.Ft.wayne truck center is GREAT for service and parts!
JAKE:)