Just in Case You are Away from Your QC

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope all them C/V and sprinter operators question them on our dime and the nickle!!!

We NEED it back! THEY owe us that!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
missed it. what went on?

No return of our rates.. it was disappointing...a lot of corporate back patting and atta boys...

Larry Larson scored a 94 on the safety director course so I'd guess a nice raise for him.:rolleyes:

A new CFO.....

Still don't know what the great news was? That they said on the QC...

Oh and from Brian in planning....we love talking to our VP's and try to assist them and encourage a line of communications....
We are busy please don't call :rolleyes:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
gracie sent three qc msg yesterday. the first two went unanswered. not even a 10-4. i thought "every" msg was answered. ahhhhh reality and the trout slapping me in the face. :confused:

need to be home for that naval graduation. get a load back north? must be kidding. lp said they were very busy yesterday. so busy they couldn't respond to one msg. busy doing what?

flattop40

Expert Expediter
No return of our rates.. it was disappointing...a lot of corporate back patting and atta boys...

Larry Larson scored a 94 on the safety director course so I'd guess a nice raise for him.:rolleyes:

A new CFO.....

Still don't know what the great news was? That they said on the QC...

Oh and from Brian in planning....we love talking to our VP's and try to assist them and encourage a line of communications....
We are busy please don't call :rolleyes:

Missed it also. Thanks for the Cliff Notes version. Sounds like the same ol same old. Seems like I always miss it if I am at home that weekend. Guess I have other things on my mind.;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets see there was a 10 min. infomercial from an accountant service....

Talk of CSA 2010 regs...note of interest..a driver violation at the scales only stays on a drivers record for 30 months NOT forever....
CSA does NOT apply to Vans.

Our margins are running @ about 21%

Now if they weren't busy creating new door plates for themselves/job titles and weren't paying the straight fleet owners all this loaded mileage bonuses we might have seen an uptick in our rates!

Even with all the recruiting fleet stands around 320 did not say what the mix was...down 10% from a year ago....

You guys really have to make a better effort to call in....

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets see there was a 10 min. infomercial from an accountant service....

Talk of CSA 2010 regs...note of interest..a driver violation at the scales only stays on a drivers record for 30 months NOT forever....
CSA does NOT apply to Vans.

Our margins are running @ about 21%

Now if they weren't busy creating new door plates for themselves/job titles and weren't paying the straight fleet owners all this loaded mileage bonuses we might have seen an uptick in our rates!

Even with all the recruiting fleet stands around 320 did not say what the mix was...down 10% from a year ago....

You guys really have to make a better effort to call in....

If you were a fleet owner, wonder if you would give it back? :) They do have a lot invested you know. Do I want to help them? Nope. This may or may not be the case you know. Each of there loads may be "stand alone loads" @ whatever rate.

A CFO for a public traded company is a must

A Safety Director is a must

Fleet owners are a must

Fair rates are a must!

Are our current rates fair? No, I want as much as I can get....so I can have a 20% O/I

Wild Child

Seasoned Expediter
Introducing the new guy on the block

Just wanted to take a moment to say hello to everyone and introduce myself to the community. I will send truck pictures and all that later. For right now....they call me Crapshooter, a nickname I have had for about 35 years in this industry. I think living in Las Vegas may have rubbed off on me a little!

I am a fleet owner and have read some very interesting articles about E-1 and their relationship with fleet owners. Beleive me, we are not treated any differently than any other driver or small fleet owner! I even read one post that thought we received some form of special bonus for being fleet owners. Well my fellow business men we DO receive a special bonus....it is stuck in me every year on April 15 by the IRS.

Anyway, I am looking forward to communicating with any or all of you about our arrangements with E-1.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the BONUS is so stuck on you why not have a bonus plan for the drivers and give it away to the deserving and let THEM pay the tax on the bonus bucks? Problem solved?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Introducing the new guy on the block

Just wanted to take a moment to say hello to everyone and introduce myself to the community. I will send truck pictures and all that later. For right now....they call me Crapshooter, a nickname I have had for about 35 years in this industry. I think living in Las Vegas may have rubbed off on me a little!

I am a fleet owner and have read some very interesting articles about E-1 and their relationship with fleet owners. Beleive me, we are not treated any differently than any other driver or small fleet owner! I even read one post that thought we received some form of special bonus for being fleet owners. Well my fellow business men we DO receive a special bonus....it is stuck in me every year on April 15 by the IRS.

Anyway, I am looking forward to communicating with any or all of you about our arrangements with E-1.

Welcome! Don't worry about OVM,,, he lives in Bison, SD...he can't help it sometimes.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Introducing the new guy on the block

Find the tread titled: The Dreaded Black Conspiracy Helicopter

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I still want my rate back! I do not want to subsidize fleet owners and their BONUS plan!

Well so do I. But come'on you really beleive our cuts are subsidzing the fleet owners? Besides I don't know for sure, but I never recived any info about rates being cut. Did you? Must be true since the van rates never see the 80 or 1.05 anymore....humm maybe you are on to something......yeah, maybe you a r e.

We might as well sell our Sprinters and get cargo vans. Nah, wouldn't want to take another paycut....