Just in Case You are Away from Your QC

Wild Child

Seasoned Expediter
Eddie...thanks for being Steady in your thoughts and ideas on the expedite industry. I think OVM may have mis-understood my response on bonus being offered to fleet owners at a cost to individual OO's.
We DO NOT receive any type of bonus from E-1 for owning multiple units and our trucks roll down the road at the same rate you push loads for. I get stuck on CV loads right along with all of you. I only lease Sprinters to E-1.
Right at the moment I own 50 units and lease to multiple carriers as I never want to put all my eggs into one basket. I own all types and sizes of equipment and like to think I treat all my drivers fair. Any and all rate cuts are never passed on to my drivers. In fact....I do not give out any bonus to my drivers. Instead, if a driver stays with me from the purchase to the payoff (3 years) I sign over the title to that lead driver and he/she then becomes on OO him/herself. As of this date in the past 10 years I have done this 11 times and 2 of those OO's are now fleet owners also with other carriers.
What we (you) need at E-1 is a drivers council that can speak to management at E-1 eye ball to eye ball (not kiss their ***) about how you are being treated daily. If you could meet quarterly you would be amazed at how much you can accomplish by having attention in person instead of on the phone. Ask questions such as who gets the premium money from the protect times that they charge the shipper for while you roll with a CV Major for 70 cents. They are in turn charging over $2.50 per mile for that load. Fair should really be fair! Sorry about rambling.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Eddie...thanks for being Steady in your thoughts and ideas on the expedite industry. I think OVM may have mis-understood my response on bonus being offered to fleet owners at a cost to individual OO's.
We DO NOT receive any type of bonus from E-1 for owning multiple units and our trucks roll down the road at the same rate you push loads for. I get stuck on CV loads right along with all of you. I only lease Sprinters to E-1.
Right at the moment I own 50 units and lease to multiple carriers as I never want to put all my eggs into one basket. I own all types and sizes of equipment and like to think I treat all my drivers fair. Any and all rate cuts are never passed on to my drivers. In fact....I do not give out any bonus to my drivers. Instead, if a driver stays with me from the purchase to the payoff (3 years) I sign over the title to that lead driver and he/she then becomes on OO him/herself. As of this date in the past 10 years I have done this 11 times and 2 of those OO's are now fleet owners also with other carriers.
What we (you) need at E-1 is a drivers council that can speak to management at E-1 eye ball to eye ball (not kiss their ***) about how you are being treated daily. If you could meet quarterly you would be amazed at how much you can accomplish by having attention in person instead of on the phone. Ask questions such as who gets the premium money from the protect times that they charge the shipper for while you roll with a CV Major for 70 cents. They are in turn charging over $2.50 per mile for that load. Fair should really be fair! Sorry about rambling.

We were told that a driver's council is in the works, (3 or 4 months now), but who knows when that will happen. I don't know if it will be of any help to everyone, but I can see it being a good tool for newbes. I don't know what good a "Go between" would do for me that I can't do myself......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

The bonus is only for straights I was informed...

We've been .70 for NLM for a few years and .80 for all others...I want that back...or we want that back. Drivers council has been in the works for awhile...but not a high priority.
Outside of the usual company snowballing I don't know what real good it would serve...The concerned owners already relay their needs/wants/concerns. The company knows full well our needs...