June "Bugs , Loads & Banter "

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Driving through DFW early rush hour I noticed, as you know, it is a never ending maze of overpasses, ramps, Bridges and the constant traffic crossing every which way reminded me of ants marching. The moral of this post is that I would rather be an expediter on the worst day, than an ant on the best day.

Anyhow, got out of El Purgatory, TX same day late with a nice run to Manassas, VA

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Driving through DFW early rush hour I noticed, as you know, it is a never ending maze of overpasses, ramps, Bridges and the constant traffic crossing every which way reminded me of ants marching. The moral of this post is that I would rather be an expediter on the worst day, than an ant on the best day.

Anyhow, got out of El Purgatory, TX same day late with a nice run to Manassas, VA

Anytime you can get out of TX it's a good day...... :cool:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went available Tuesday; it took till Thursday morning to get a load. PA to CT. Now on a weekend run, NH to NC.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

NC to AR. Now at J in Russellville.

Okay, I have a question. We just ran from 1430 eastern to 1230 central, 21 hours. Unfortunately, we didn’t get a lot of rest yesterday before we left, because the weekend run from NH allowed us to sleep at night. We made it to Arkansas okay, but now one of our dispatchers is upset with us for taking the rest of today off.
I believe that being a team allows us to safely do long (>1000 mile) direct runs; I’m not sure I could exceed 700 miles alone anymore. Is this reasonable, or does being a team always mean being able to do back to back runs? I’m sure I made the right choice taking this afternoon and evening off; what say y’all?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Okay, I have a question. We just ran from 1430 eastern to 1230 central, 21 hours. Unfortunately, we didn’t get a lot of rest yesterday before we left, because the weekend run from NH allowed us to sleep at night. We made it to Arkansas okay, but now one of our dispatchers is upset with us for taking the rest of today off.
I believe that being a team allows us to safely do long (>1000 mile) direct runs; I’m not sure I could exceed 700 miles alone anymore. Is this reasonable, or does being a team always mean being able to do back to back runs? I’m sure I made the right choice taking this afternoon and evening off; what say y’all?

I think you made the correct decision. Nothing beats being safe in my book.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think you made the correct decision. Nothing beats being safe in my book.

Thanks. Funny thing is, he got cranky cos I didn’t want to do a direct to College Station, TX. I had, an hour before, allowed him to bid an AR to CA run because there was about 9 hrs of time for both of us to sleep and still make the protect time. Oh well. Tonight’s objective, besides laundry, is to get some good sleep so we can hit it hard tomorrow.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

You made the right decision. Rest and safety first.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

You are the captain of your ship. If you don't feel good enough to drive, you just don't. Team or solo does not matter. The dude can pound sand. Besides, even if fully rested, if you, as an owner operator, want to take the rest of the day off, or week for that matter, you can do so without any explanation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Couldn't have said it better, FlyingVan!

Incidentally I've been playing with KeepTruckin for HOS.

I've dropped my idea of moving up in size of truck. Waiting 3 hours to get loaded (like today) won't get any better (likely worse) and I need to be able to get home in an emergency situation.

It helps to have Canadian Hazmat rates. It's almost like expediting used to be!

Today's load now drops off tomorrow due to closing time (with extra $$)

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
A backhaul. Sitting at the Cornwall J till I get over the shock

Sorry, can't call it a backhaul it pays $17 less than the hazmat I just dropped, that's full rate
But, but.....now the whole time you're driving you'll be thinking things are turning around and next you'll start thinking about a new truck

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
4159.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just figured out my week.

1168 loaded miles @ $1.51 average per mile US dollars.

I'd say that's my best per mile in awhile but I'd be lying. It's probably my best as a contracted driver ever.

What a difference a month makes...

Edit: shame I still can't pay the bills I already accumulated this year. I basked in it for a few minutes

Last edited: