July Location....and Dollas!!!

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
In Dubuque, IA sitting in the John Deere parking lot waiting on a load to come our way. Caron called this morning with one going to Colorado haven't heard back yet though. So most likely didn't get it. If nothing comes within the next hour will need to go find a J or Pilot near by if possible.

Dubuque was flooded driving hrough here. Thought the rushing water was going to sweep us away. Last five miles to get here were terrible. Couldn't see where we were going, raging water rushing in the streets. Took half an hour to go less than miles. Made it safe and sound though.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In Dubuque, IA sitting in the John Deere parking lot waiting on a load to come our way. Caron called this morning with one going to Colorado haven't heard back yet though. So most likely didn't get it. If nothing comes within the next hour will need to go find a J or Pilot near by if possible.

Dubuque was flooded driving hrough here. Thought the rushing water was going to sweep us away. Last five miles to get here were terrible. Couldn't see where we were going, raging water rushing in the streets. Took half an hour to go less than miles. Made it safe and sound though.

Guess you did not hear the warnings on the radio?

Heavy Rain Causes Widespread Flooding - weather.com

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Nope didn't hear it. Could see the lightning for several miles before hitting the storm. I was hoping to get there before it rained no luck. Then when got to Dubuque they have many street torn up with a very large detour. It was very hard to see the detour signs due to them having several that led you to the city's businesses. So turned too soon on the detour and ended up going up and around the city. Was very nerve racking. On top of that the gps didn't have the location right. Luckily we have been there before so kind of knew what we were looking for.
Deffinately was a lot of water.
Well all I can say is we are like the postal service, nothing keeps us from getting the load through. Been through severe snow and rain storms and still got the loads there on time.

Guess you did not hear the warnings on the radio?

Heavy Rain Causes Widespread Flooding - weather.com

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Picking up in Iowa City, Iowa now then going to the yard t drop it off.
Which means we will be able to make our family reunion this week end at the Harrison Lake State Park in Fayette OH.
Will be nice to see many of the cousins.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Good morning. we are sitting in Evansville, IN at the moment hoping to get something good out of here! Don't have to be home.until the end of August.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Went into service 0700 this morning. Time to bogaloo! Come on dispatch, mama needs a new pair o shoes! Lol

Hope everyone is doing well.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't seem to see the reply options on pages 25 & 26 with the big pictures taking up the room so manually responding :rolleyes:

The Enemy: Regarding the wash bay at midnight, if you saw a guy losing the battle with the power washer then that was me :p

John: The Wash Bay/ Bath Wash was working fine for me, the user was the problem :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Can't seem to see the reply options on pages 25 & 26 with the big pictures taking up the room so manually responding :rolleyes:

The Enemy: Regarding the wash bay at midnight, if you saw a guy losing the battle with the power washer then that was me :p

John: The Wash Bay/ Bath Wash was working fine for me, the user was the problem :D

Well I had Nick check it for me as I was on a plane, and a fitting was leaking so either way that has been repaired as well!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tuesday had a pickup in Indy, dropped Wednesday AM in Raleigh NC. Picked up Thursday AM in Fayetville, NC and dropped at the yard Thursday night. Hanging at the yard now up to number 2.

John the shower is beginning to drain slow again. If there is anyone in particular we should tell about these things, just let us know.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
got to love this business when you have a strong Dispatch team workin for you...Just took a good week, to a great week....Memphis to Salt Lake City.....:) Chances are ill have dinner with my Brother In-Law in Grand Junction Colo..Sunday!! Life is good!! :)

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
got to love this business when you have a strong Dispatch team workin for you...Just took a good week, to a great week....Memphis to Salt Lake City.....:) Chances are ill have dinner with my Brother In-Law in Grand Junction Colo..Sunday!! Life is good!! :)
seen your van at the J in Olive Branch when I left there this morning on my way to Texas