John elliot and the load 1 gang!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes we do take CargoMax 3 pallet type units, but we do have a waiting list. Depending on contract our units are 67% or those on the large logo program get 70%. We do automotive, but a large number of customers, 3pls and logistics companies use board systems for their freight.
Just to clarify things from the perspective of a driver, and because there have been some misunderstandings by several people in the past about this.....

For Sprinters and Sprinter-type vans and box trucks, and for straight trucks (not tractors), you initially start off at 67% of the line haul. After a trial period of 90 days where it appears you like Load 1 enough to stay on, and Load 1 likes you well enough to keep you, there is then a mutual option to have the big lettering installed on the side of the box and the rear doors of the truck (known as the Full Logo Program). When that happens, you jump to 70% of the line haul. The reason for the 90 day mutual trial period is that Load 1 doesn't charge the driver for the lettering, and they don't want to waste a lot of money on someone who decides Load 1 isn't for them after two weeks or something. You can choose to not have the big lettering and stay at 67%, just as Load 1 can choose to not fully letter your vehicle if it's ratty looking or is some hideous color or something otherwise objectionable, and you'll stay at 67%. It's a mutual option, both must agree. Both rarely disagree, however.

BTW, does this thread title remind anyone else of a Don Knotts - Tim Conway movie?

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey, I meant I was sure you were not leaving your current carrier the rest was a joke about if you did.
Joe and Nancy, this is tom and tina, Pete and Wendy's sister and brother in law.

Even on the %, if they haven't bid it yet they will ask you what you want or are willing to do it for.

Oh MY, I had no idea you two were with Load1! For some reason I thought you were with some company out of the NYC area. We are exploring all options at this point...you know how that goes. We have been in the business a long time relative to others and just don't know what we want to do now...LOL I hope you are doing well!
Thanks for replying! So often people post and no one answers! LOL

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
When dispatch calls with a load offer and if you want to know what it payes, they will most certainly tell you in 99% of the offers...but the key word is "IF"...in most cases, i don't bother to ask, there is no need to.....I know if its there, I will be well paid...lol and even when its a lower paying loads, it normally higher then most other companies higher paying loads...

LOL, a few of us "small" truck O/O's talk to each other and we might say "yea i am running this for less then normal..".all the time forgeting that what we ran for with our previous carriers wouldnt have even been that high....:)

You want to know what a load payes, ask, they will tell you...And if you want to question if you really got your rate against what the company was paid or if you are really getting 100% of the FSC, next time you are in dispatch, ask to see their bid sheet for any of your loads that they use to figure them, they will not only show you, but give you a copy....Ask any other carrier to do that...

Oh, and i don't ask for the bid sheets, i have had them handed to me when i was standing there and they dispatched the current run they were working on to me....well a copy of them, they still need the original....:)

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The load 1 gang is top notch!

OOP's, wrong gang.

rascles.jpg

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Unlike most carriers where things are designed to be adversarial between drivers and dispatch, Load 1 is truly the opposite of that, where the dispatcher's goal is the same as that of the driver, to make the driver happy and profitable, and then everything else takes care of itself. It's a concept so far outside the box of normalcy as to be foreign to those who have never experienced it. I know for me, after being with my previous carrier for so long, it required a massive adjustment on my part and in my thinking.

I think at this point it would be so, so, soooooo refreshing to have a positive non-adversarial relationship with dispatch...working for the same goal without all the lies and BS.....

cubevanman

Active Expediter
I havent been with Load one very long. and my expediting experiences havnt been very long. but i am proud and very happy working with load one. the dispatchers and staff have been a great group of people to work with.

although, I have been looking for the Load one swimming pool, and no one will show me where it is. I'm told its in the basement??? no clue.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I kinda figured from left to right. Juju, ken, Cheri, Chris, Steve and Dennis. LOL
We been hear a year Nancy. If you come to the EXPO make sure you and Joe come say hi !
This is almost a carbon copy of conway.

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I kinda figured from left to right. Juju, ken, Cheri, Chris, Steve and Dennis. LOL
We been hear a year Nancy. If you come to the EXPO make sure you and Joe come say hi !
This is almost a carbon copy of conway.

Alfalfa???? I'd rather be the dog!! I think his name was Sparky. I had Shadow pegged as Alfalfa. :D

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums