January 2016

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's hoping for a safe, busy, profitable 2016 to all CRE team members and the CRE management team.

And hoping all of my EO friends also have a safe, busy and profitable 2016 as well.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
at pick up for 1st load of the year....this company better own the whole building...there is only 1 overhead door access to load 3 skids....we will see at 8am est.
looks like I might need starter....still have 2-4 tries to start van, thought the new battery might have been the culprit but nope....deliver this load assuming this starts this morning and a loading door....going to Chicago area...I'll phone ahead to a Napa or Auto Zone to pick up a starter....don't need a sprinter guy to install this...

Reactions: ntimevan

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Really looking forward to kicking off 2016 with a bang.
Hopefully the freight will come out of "holiday mode" VERY soon!!

After discussing with our dispatcher/recruit, his start date is now looking like early February.
We need to add a few/several more great trucks and drivers before getting him started.
And since I'm not a recruiter, I won't just flood the fleet and cross my fingers. Working directly with every driver makes me respect you guys more and more, as you can imagine.
Working directly with drivers since 1990 has taught me to try to avoid putting drivers in predicaments I wouldn't be willing to be in as well.
So if any of our team members knows and recommends someone...............................

Murray Freeman
Crossroads Express, LLC
Vandalia, OH
DOT 2301504 MC781884
[email protected]
937-422-0443 office
937-422-0170 cell

Logo2.png

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Current bid in. Taking a while. I asked the broker if he had heard anything.
He said his "customer's customer has quoted their customer."
LOL!!

Too many layers between the checkbook and the truck, IMHO.

UPDATE - Apparently his customer's customer's customer said "do it". LOL!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
new starter is now in inventory for the time being...maybe I'll get to Toledo sometime and have the swap done just for giggles.....

Team CRE hit on another...broker awards the load and goes for lunch?....details AFTER the lunch...LOL

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, we were hoping to be back in service, but mother nature had other plans for us...
We had almost 10' of water in the basement of our commercial bldg. in Chamois due to the rain and had a hillside gave way at our bar and restaurant in Morrison due to too much rain and too many century old trees...

Got most of the water out of the basement and the new sump pump should be here tomorrow...
Have done the preliminary clean-up at the bar and will most likely have to wait until spring to fix the hillside...
Hopefully the weather will stay cold until spring, we don't need abunch of freezing and thawing going on as it could make our situation worse...

If everything goes as planned, we should be ready to hit the road late Friday morning for a long weekend run!!!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Well, we were hoping to be back in service, but mother nature had other plans for us...
We had almost 10' of water in the basement of our commercial bldg. in Chamois due to the rain and had a hillside gave way at our bar and restaurant in Morrison due to too much rain and too many century old trees...

Got most of the water out of the basement and the new sump pump should be here tomorrow...
Have done the preliminary clean-up at the bar and will most likely have to wait until spring to fix the hillside...
Hopefully the weather will stay cold until spring, we don't need abunch of freezing and thawing going on as it could make our situation worse...

If everything goes as planned, we should be ready to hit the road late Friday morning for a long weekend run!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Reactions: hazmat

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Happy Birthday Hazmat! and that's just the kind of thing that got me off the road..SD froze my pipes when the pilot light on the furnace went out and we got home JUST before they burst. Lost all my houseplants too!

Reactions: ntimevan and hazmat