Staff member
Retired Expediter
Getting old ain't for sissies!
U7qbA5M.jpg

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey part timer...whats up?.....:p

My life lately...... Nothing. Great vacation. Lots of play time with the grand gals. Shooting guns, hauling fire wood, even though it's going to be in the high 60's in a few days. Snow last weekend 16 degrees. Sunny and warm this weekend. What a life. Just ask my wife, "you retired yet?"

No dear I'm waiting on a load that is over 15 miles.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Earlier this morning I spent 2½ hours with another driver at an ABF terminal waiting for Panther to fax verification paperwork that would allow us to swap freight. It's 2016 and they're messing around with fax machines. I really shouldn't complain as this is an improvement over using Western Union telegrams. Sometimes those took the better part of a day to send.

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hopefully you made enough to dh out before you eat up all of your profit waiting for a load.
I don't know if it's the area if freight is slow right now or if my dispatch is just doing a horrible job at finding freight because I have been sitting all this time we have another couple in Laredo there's two of them up there that have been sitting for 3 days and we have another guy in San Antonio he's been sitting for 3 days. I'm definitely scratching my head this time around because we normally don't have this issue not around these parts. I'm kinda unsure as to where to deadhead at this point unless I go to Dallas, houston...decisions.