January 2016 locations

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
I was watching the TV weather report looks like all of Tennessee is ice south of Tennessee rain north of Tennessee of snow

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nice! Take a slight detour over to Luverne and say hello to Sheriff Hank Larsson, okay then.
Wasn't even a detour. I delivered in Pipestone at the south end of town right off US 75. On the way up I just stayed on I-29 and went through Egan straight over to Pipestone, but coming back down to the J I just came straight town 75 to I-90 and then over, because the roads were badly windblown coming across SD 34 and MN 30.

I didn't see Sheriff Larsson, but I was parked right next to a State Trooper when I took this shot.

IMAG0303a.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How are the Transits in winter conditions?
It's long and tall so it gets squirrelly in the wind. Fortunately I haven't wind and icy roads. Just one or the other. I think having a longer wheelbase would help keep the van a bit more stable in crosswinds, but apparently Ford doesn't. This spring I plan on adding a rear anti-sway bar. They come standard on the Transit wagons.

I ran in 5-6 inches of light fluffy snow across North Dakota and it did alright. When I got off the interstate I ran the stop sign at the top of the ramp while turning to cross over. The slight rise in the bridge caused me to lose traction. I got stuck. Put it in reverse, pulled forward and got stuck. Eventually it clicked that the Transit is equipped with Traction Control. I turned it off, backed up and made it across the bridge.

I can't reach out the window and snap the wiper to remove ice. I can barely reach the mirror from the driver's seat to clean it. The cowling where the hood meets the windshield is set down in a canyon about 4 inches deep. This morning I had to chop all the ice that formed in that canyon. Last fall some leaves collected in the canyon blocking the small drain holes. It rained and the canyon flooded. Poor design!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How are the Transits in winter conditions?
It's long and tall so it gets squirrelly in the wind. Fortunately I haven't wind and icy roads. Just one or the other. I think having a longer wheelbase would help keep the van a bit more stable in crosswinds, but apparently Ford doesn't. This spring I plan on adding a rear anti-sway bar. They come standard on the Transit wagons.

I ran in 5-6 inches of light fluffy snow across North Dakota and it did alright. When I got off the interstate I ran the stop sign at the top of the ramp while turning to cross over. The slight rise in the bridge caused me to lose traction. I got stuck. Put it in reverse, pulled forward and got stuck. Eventually it clicked that the Transit is equipped with Traction Control. I turned it off, backed up and made it across the bridge.

I can't reach out the window and snap the wiper to remove ice. I can barely reach the mirror from the driver's seat to clean it. The cowling where the hood meets the windshield is set down in a canyon about 4 inches deep. This morning I had to chop all the ice that formed in that canyon. Last fall some leaves collected in the canyon blocking the small drain holes. It rained and the canyon flooded. Poor design!

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Arrived on site two hours early this morning... Moved over to the I85 corridor to be in striking distance of several, possible, secret, unknown locations... Been catching some zzzzzzz ever since...
I'm staring at the picture of your truck, what is it?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Got loaded out of Felton, PA delivering just south of Detroit at 6 am. 2/2 this week.
I think that was my load, I came home to get my windshield replaced and forgot to go OOS. Dispatch called last evening with the load and I had to turn it down. It was one of our best dispatchers and he was pissed??

Reactions: ntimevan