January 2015

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ba36911f077a7d2dad7a7bff888de6c8.jpg

Serpentine belt broke already used my spare... 200k ago lol..... At a hotel in Chicago!

Sent from my flying circus
Don't tell me you tried 200,000 miles on a serpentine belt?

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
Ok need help. Not very good with vehicles. I know basics. Can someone tell me this.

All fluids are good. Just did the 10,000 mile maintenance. And i double checked them.

1. Engine is not keeping heat for more than 20 minutes of idle after driving it.
2. Engine will not warm up in idle after sitting off.
3. When i come to a slow down temperature drops to between 180 and 110 from above 180
4. There is a constant squeaking. Kinda like a belt squeak but constant until van is turned off.
5. There is a funky smell. I had this smell last winter but then the smell went away once i didn't need heat anymore. And ended up with a new transmission.

Please help me. I cant sleep cause its to cold

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In this weather your Sprinter just won't produce heat at idle or low speed. Its not the van. You can try an idle stick to bump it up but that's not economical. Can't help with the rest, good luck.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In PA hoping to get out before the freezing rain gets here. Left GA yesterday where it was a pleasnt 18 degrees. The DEF light turned out to be some kind of ECU program scramble. Finding a good shop can really be a challange at times!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did my first change at 280k miles on my 2012 Sprinter. When Wayne changed it out he said it was still good for a spare.
Call that overkill but I change the belt both Beitler pulleys and the belt tensioner every year as a setbut that's just me

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Call that overkill but I change the belt both Beitler pulleys and the belt tensioner every year as a setbut that's just me
Wasn't planning on going that long before I changed it out. It just happened that way. Next one will be way sooner than 280k.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wasn't planning on going that long before I changed it out. It just happened that way. Next one will be way sooner than 280k.
I understand that mileage has a way of sneaking up there!! Lol knock on wood so far I've never thrown a belt pulley her about tensioner never be stranded at the side of the road

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still in McKinney, looks like I won'y be moving till sometime after tuesday. Have VA appointment on the 13th.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Noticed this morning on the natl. news that there was what appeared to be a cabless panther straight truck in the I-94 pile up. could make out a 22' box but that was all. anybody heard anything !!!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Noticed this morning on the natl. news that there was what appeared to be a cabless panther straight truck in the I-94 pile up. could make out a 22' box but that was all. anybody heard anything !!!!!!

Saw that pic on the Detroit News website. Thoughts and prayers for that driver and hoping that wasn't one life lost.