It's Twins !

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went to the doctor this AM and low and behold- Doc said I have two kidney stones in the left kidney. He said see this, pointing to a good size spot on the CAT Scan flim. He said it was 5.3 cm (that is about the size of a quarter), and the other one is a little less. Going in Fri. morning, and he will go UP there and try to blast it with a high power lazer, and install a stint that will be remove in a few weeks in his office, while I'm awake..... :eek: To big to pass, to big to pull'em out, to long of time to bust them with sound, would have to do that over few weeks, Cut me open was an option, and I need to work at least sometime before March, dang would hate to be off all winter.....

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Went to the doctor this AM and low and behold- Doc said I have two kidney stones in the left kidney. He said see this, pointing to a good size spot on the CAT Scan flim. He said it was 5.3 cm (that is about the size of a quarter), and the other one is a little less. Going in Fri. morning, and he will go UP there and try to blast it with a high power lazer, and install a stint that will be remove in a few weeks in his office, while I'm awake..... :eek: To big to pass, to big to pull'em out, to long of time to bust them with sound, would have to do that over few weeks, Cut me open was an option, and I need to work at least sometime before March, dang would hate to be off all winter.....

Ouch in more ways than one. Good luck ;)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I had 3cm stones and wasn't offered much other than "got to pass them on your own".

Did he offer an explanation why you have them?

Once I stopped taking Fish oil/calcium in my vitamins, I haven't had any more.

Good luck and remember to take care of those kidneys.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

OOOOOUUUUUUCH! No wonder you've been in pain...lol. Good luck with the delivery :D

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had 3cm stones and wasn't offered much other than "got to pass them on your own".

More than likely it is calcium, he will not know for sure until he can get his hands on some of them, and that will not happen until it is broken up so I can pass them.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
5.3 cm is close to 2 inches (2.086) dang sure wouldn't want to try and 'pass' that!

Dang is right...oh, BTW my Doctors name is Dr. Dang.....Pain starts and I call his name, Dang'it, Dang'it....Ahhhhh Dang'it ! lol

He said there is no way I would be able to pass them.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

Once I stopped taking Fish oil/calcium in my vitamins, I haven't had any more.

Good luck and remember to take care of those kidneys.

3 centimeter = 1.181102362 inch WOW..bet that hurt :D

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get better soon.I've never had one but my father-in- law said they were a bigger pain in the but than his son-in- law. haha:rolleyes:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
In all seriousness, Eddie, we hope all goes well for you, nothing about this can be easy. It is good to see that you started the thread with humor, don't leave home without it is my motto.

When a family member of mine dealt with this problem years ago, his sister sent him a card that said "if you don't use it, you'll lose it".....humor is good! :p:p DDx2

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In all seriousness, Eddie, we hope all goes well for you, nothing about this can be easy. It is good to see that you started the thread with humor, don't leave home without it is my motto.

When a family member of mine dealt with this problem years ago, his sister sent him a card that said "if you don't use it, you'll lose it".....humor is good! :p:p DDx2

Years ago I had to go into the hospital due to one large stone. My wife and sister told me to look at the TV....They hung a large sign under the TV containing a stork carring a baby girl. "It's a Girl!" .......Yeah----Humor......lol

Well, truned out there were 3 very large stones. Doctor thinks he got'em all, but he said when he blasted the first one it created a snow globe effect. Have a stint in now and in a whole lot of pain. Go back Thru. to have that removed and some more x-rays to see if any got passed him. Been a very rough day.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Years ago I had to go into the hospital due to one large stone. My wife and sister told me to look at the TV....They hung a large sign under the TV containing a stork carring a baby girl. "It's a Girl!" .......Yeah----Humor......lol

Well, truned out there were 3 very large stones. Doctor thinks he got'em all, but he said when he blasted the first one it created a snow globe effect. Have a stint in now and in a whole lot of pain. Go back Thru. to have that removed and some more x-rays to see if any got passed him. Been a very rough day.

A snow globe!!!!! Who knew????:eek:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A snow globe!!!!! Who knew????:eek:

Yeah, shake a snow globe and you see the snow flying around...He said that is what it looked like when he hit it with the lazer. Couldn't really see very well. Had to let it settle a few times................

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, is that an oversized load you been carrying around w/o permits?

Funny guy- I take it you never had one...If not, and you would like to know the pain of these little things, do this. Take a round wire brush, heat it to glowing red, shove it in and out of your nose....you will be close to the pain level. :eek:

Doing a little better today, hope I can make it til Thru when I have the stint removed. I'll let you know that pain level, due to the fact he is going to remove it while I'm awake.....
Dr. House I think said it best, "If I'm in a boat load of pain, I need a boat load of pills..."

Women brag about their babies....So can I..

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Poor thing, I hope at least ONE of the "twins" looks like YOU!! :p

Funny Gal..... No it truned out they had to be aborted....Poor things, I still see small pieces of them..... right before I flush. But I do have a two year old in a bottle, Looks nothing like me, well maybe a little when I wake up!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Eddie,
I've never had kidney stones, but I had an infection in one that destroyed it completely [after 6 wks with a stent], so I know how you're feeling. [Like not moving anything below armpit level]
I was going to say "This too shall pass" but somehow, my favorite consolation doesn't sound quite right this time - sorry!
You can lose anything & everything but your sense of humor and come out of it ok - later. Meantime, as you said, there's a time for narcotics, and this would be it. :)