KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
07b6a5f4f6ecbb59a4aa1b0074772fcc.jpg
when dispatch isn't playing about it being hot freight

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This reminded me of something I've been wanting to comment on, but keep forgetting.
While recently traveling across Louisiana on 20, I was reminded again. I'm always shocked when I see a sign to watch out for...bears.

Funny, of all the things I think of with Louisiana, bears never come to mind :eek:
Since Louisiana is the subject, few years ago I was traveling eastbound on I-10. At some point there was a pond right after a bridge, full of egrets. I have no idea what scared them, but the whole flock took off and flew directly into the a big truck that was in front of me. Many of them slammed the trailer and fell dead on the ground, leaving in the air a bunch of feathers...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
On the subject of sitting at home, after I delivered in Clarksville, TN from Houston, TX I headed home. I had my daughter with me for the week and she has to be back for training at her job for the summer at a Museum.

Also, between Little Rock and Memphis had a nice sized rock hit my windshield at hwy speed. So, will have a new windshield put in Monday morning.
Pretty decent sized crack that spread quickly...View attachment 15850

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
Glad she enjoyed. I have 2 spider cracks and 5 Rock dings all around d the edges so holding off for awhile

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app
and the reason you guys change your windshield so quick is?.....

Reactions: ntimevan

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Same reason I wash my truck...to keep it looking professional and not junk. Pride in my ride, I also put tire shine on the tires too.
I know it doesn't make any more money clean than dirty or with or without a cracked windshield...i have had a chip in a few spots but when it I get a 2 foot long crack that crosses itself 2 or 3 times I consider it unsafe 20170605_091016.jpg

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Same reason I wash my truck...to keep it looking professional and not junk. Pride in my ride, I also put tire shine on the tires too.
I know it doesn't make any more money clean than dirty or with or without a cracked windshield...i have had a chip in a few spots but when it I get a 2 foot long crack that crosses itself 2 or 3 times I consider it unsafe View attachment 15854

Yeah, I agree but your earlier picture did not show as much as this picture. Time to replace.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While discussing crack windshields...

On a recent trip I was traveling on a two lane road. The end of a tree was sticking partly in my lane with an oncoming car coming towards me in the other. Quickly thinking that the end off the tree would be just some light branches, I let it brush up against the passenger side of the van.

Wrong! Apparently there was a thick branch hidden in the leaves, caught my mirror and slammed it against the van popping off the small part of the mirror. Just freaking great! I found a turn around and went back to see if I could find the mirror. Fortunately with little traffic I was able to find it and later it popped right back on.

I have had a crack trailing very low near the bottom part of the windshield from about the middle towards the passenger side. I've been unable to stop it's progress after several attempts, just hoping it did not start to go upwards.

After I was able to find a safe spot to pop the smaller mirror back on, I noticed that the force of the impact caused the crack in the windshield to complete its journey across the lower potion of the windshield.

So, other then scaring the crap out of me at the time, I'm kind of glad I hit it. Solved the windshield problem :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.