It's July - Is everyone on vacation or something?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I haven't been called in July yet. Is that newsworthy?

Preparing for a major recession here. Hasn't happened yet, but could...

I'm enjoying the "retirement" dry run

Added HVAC to my skills. Fixed our house a.c. now on to the cars. Missed a deal on a recovery machine for $150 Canadian. I don't consider r134a very harmful to the ozone, but my neighbors would love the chance to have me fined $10,000. Stupid modern cars need the system evacuated to replace pressure switches

I'm not touching the current events over the border, I don't live there, so my opinions might be unwanted :p haven't crossed since February. Fortunately February was 6 months income for me

Every province in Canada has seen a "protest" of over 100 people. Not reported much in our media, but yesterday a group was formed for news agencies - only requirement being they DIDN'T take the half billion in Covid cash relief.

So far this year I've driven 10,000 miles for work. Imagine if it was for a dollar a mile lol we'd be on the street.

Hope those working are doing ok. My paid for van is proving me right about debt...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here it is July 9th, and no one has made a July thread until now. What's going on?
well I've kept myself busy on Dating websites, Like Eharmony and Ourtime.... met a few ladies but no keepers so far..I might have to try nursing homes so they can"t run! LOL

Just my 2 cents in the pond ..the dynamics of expediting seems to have changed...and maybe some of us oldie goldies were a bit to aggressive with newbies, Like they couldn't handle the truth sooo no new posters becasue we'd slam them every time they posted something...and that they were far to sensitive to take our crap! LOL with that combination...here we are..
and of course IMO...as usual... any debaters?

Reactions: RoadTime

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
well I've kept myself busy on Dating websites, Like Eharmony and Ourtime.... met a few ladies but no keepers so far..I might have to try nursing homes so they can"t run! LOL

Just my 2 cents in the pond ..the dynamics of expediting seems to have changed...and maybe some of us oldie goldies were a bit to aggressive with newbies, Like they couldn't handle the truth sooo no new posters becasue we'd slam them every time they posted something...and that they were far to sensitive to take our crap! LOL with that combination...here we are..
Glad you're doing well, OVM

If they're that sensitive, scaring them away is probably the greatest favor anyone ever did for them. Not a business for snowflakes

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Glad you're doing well, OVM

If they're that sensitive, scaring them away is probably the greatest favor anyone ever did for them. Not a business for snowflakes

Thanks I've worked hard on health approaching 70 I am healthier and active then Ive been for a long time...its time to rock this joint LOL

Reactions: brokcanadian

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
This week is a scorcher. I took the week off so I could harvest my garlic, and I'm unable to work past 930am because it got so hot so fast. So call me a wimp - see if I care. LOL

Got 3 - 50' rows pulled; most processed. Bees are keeping me from getting the rest of another row. Bought a beekeeper suit today. I'll show them! MWAHAHAHA!!!

The search is still on for a place to grow garlic this fall. Everytime I try and get things going with land around here, someone's thoughts get stirred and they do something with the land themselves. I need to shut the hell up.

Shooby doo-wop, giggity giggity fizzbang WHOOOP! :jester:

Thank you! Thank you very much!:crazy_pilot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So call me a wimp - see if I care. LOL

:crazy_pilot
wimpy.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, 1 booked for Tues (good pay) and one today (I haven't been out since June 18 so anything goes pay)

I swear they read my posts

Elliot Lake, 6 hours northwest of Toronto

95F weather to 80F "up north". One year I'm going to fix MY air conditioning in the sprinter...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The nursing home ladies, too funny
Yup, not many left in here to keep it alive. I blame social media (Facebook) for the changing of the guard more then anything else. Forums are becoming extinct. Their old, outdated and can't compete with the times. As much as I hate Facebook, even I have my own private Baccarat group on Facebook with 37 members, which sadly is a lot more members then I see around here

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The nursing home ladies, too funny
Yup, not many left in here to keep it alive. I blame social media (Facebook) for the changing of the guard more then anything else. Forums are becoming extinct. Their old, outdated and can't compete with the times. As much as I hate Facebook, even I have my own private Baccarat group on Facebook with 37 members, which sadly is a lot more members then I see around here

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Can't discount how much the industry has changed. I just don't see the expediter trucks that I used to. The big trucks are doing it fast, and for a lot less, it seems.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I got banned from eHarmony and Christian mingle lol. I guess I was a bit too aggressive for them. Still too young to try Ourtime. But I will more than likely get banned from there soon enough. As long as EO will have me, all is good. I hope you have some fun. All those years of hard time in the sprinter, in solitary confinement; now it's the time to live. You've been paroled from the prison of the parking lot. It's nice to see you out and about.

Last edited:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm waiting to pounce and become the top dog expediter again. In an undisclosed location performing janitorial services to empty buildings because no one is working in the offices any more. I'm just waiting for these customers to realize they do not need to pay for cleaners when the buildings do not need to be cleaned. So, I am currently working 50 percent less, but making the same amount of money as before the lockdowns. I pulled a reverse cargo van driver scenario. I want from working more for less money to working less for the same money! lol

Reactions: brokcanadian

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm waiting to pounce and become the top dog expediter again. In an undisclosed location performing janitorial services to empty buildings because no one is working in the offices any more. I'm just waiting for these customers to realize they do not need to pay for cleaners when the buildings do not need to be cleaned. So, I am currently working 50 percent less, but making the same amount of money as before the lockdowns. I pulled a reverse cargo van driver scenario. I want from working more for less money to working less for the same money! lol
Working smarter not harder, I see.