It's Called Self Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mistrial, maybe possibly. Even that's not very likely given the jury has the case at this point. Jump Kick Guy's identity and the compressed video aren't likely to be thy deciding factors to the jury. Mistrial with prejudice, if that was going to happen it would have already, so I wouldn't get any hopes up for that.

Something weird is going on with the jury, because this is a 3 or 4 hour deliberation, at most. This isn't a complicated case, nor were the jury instructions of which they requested 11 more copies. The prosecution filed a weapons charge that they admitted Rittenhouse didn't violate, yet they filed it anyway. That alone should raise reasonable doubt as to the burden of proof that rests with the prosecution, as any claims made by them cannot be trusted.
That's the sensible rationale, but in addition to all the missteps by the prosecution there are other factors that have been ongoing since the jury went into deliberations - the raucous protesters immediately outside the courthouse, and the fact that the jury hasn't been sequestered. There's no way to know what they're being exposed to when they go home.

If the judge decides the jury is being effected by outside influences - especially since they've already been through one major riot - he might be completely justified in declaring a mistrial with prejudice, even at this late stage of the trial.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If the judge decides the jury is being effected by outside influences - especially since they've already been through one major riot - he might be completely justified in declaring a mistrial with prejudice, even at this late stage of the trial.
I do think not sequestering the jury is really the only error this judge has made, and it might be enough grounds for appeal.

He could declare a mistrial with prejudice, but that happens so rarely that I don't think it will happen at this point. If it was going to happen, it would have happened last week when the defense made the motion for it, after the prosecution entered into the trial exactly what the judge had already twice ruled was inadmissible and then tried to tell the judge what he really actually meant by his rulings.

It's got to be pretty egregious to declare a mistrial with prejudice. I do think what the prosecutor did was egregious enough, but the judge didn't think so.

I was once charged with 13 counts of misappropriation of funds. It's was all BS. When the judge got a look at the evidence from both sides, he called a hearing and angrily admonished the County Attorney and dismissed all charges with prejudice, and at the same time expunged the arrest like it never happened.

Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm petty sure it means he acted in self defense.

I don't have a problem with looters and violent rioters being shot, tho.
The bigger picture is that now that he was found not guilty, when there are protests, you are going to have a bunch of people show up with their assault rifles to make sure that they don't start rioting. If they police don't do their job, I will, that will be the mentality.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The bigger picture is that now that he was found not guilty, when there are protests, you are going to have a bunch of people show up with their assault rifles to make sure that they don't start rioting. If they police don't do their job, I will, that will be the mentality.
If it stops them from killing and destroying things maybe it's good to put a bullet in them.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not to be pedantic, but to be pedantic, in order to be classified as an assault rifle, it must be capable of automatic firing.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Maybe the ultimate truth here if everyone is man/woman/non-binary enough to admit it is that both sides were in the wrong and if neither side had been there none of this would have happened. No doubt those useless wastes of skin that he shot deserved to be euthanized regardless imo, however because neither side had a legitimate reason for being there, 2 wrongs don't make a right no matter anyones ideology.

The assistant DA said Rittenhouse was a willing part of what he called "Chaos Tourism" and he is 100% correct however it doesn't just apply to Rittenhouse. It's no secret that professional trouble makers are being brought in to add to that chaos and there is growing eveidence that they are once again being funded from Russia but you will no doubt cry fake news about that as well.

For the record, I don't listen to any fake news. I read international military publications that have no political bias. They only report on events and offer up possible solutions or strategies, but never give their opinion on politics or ideologies. To those groups there is no right or wrong, it just is.

Rittenhouse got off on a technicality. Yes it was technically self-defense no matter how it was instigated so I do believe that the judge and jury's hands were somewhat tied in that regard. Morally however I don't believe he is FAF, in fact I believe the exact opposite is true. I believe he is guilty as f**** imo and you will see more of this happening now as the proud boys and their wannabes will now be emboldened to antagonize people and then use it as an excuse to shoot someone and claim self defence.

Don't think so? Remember how as soon as Trump was elected the race tensions began to immediately ratchet up with all the "bubba's" targeting the blacks, musilms, asians and anyone else that didn't look like they did. Telling them to get the F out of their country etc. What do you think is going to happen now after this verdict? I only pray that they nail those two other one celled amoebas that shot and killed that black jogger to hopefully restore some balance here and if any one of you think that they aren't guilty either than you are of equal intelligence.

Before you spout your "oh you're just talking liberal BS" rhetoric, let me remind you once again that I am definitely no Liberal........remember the guy that was charged for waiving a gun and warning protestors to keep on moving while he was on his own property? I forget what he was charged with but he didn't shoot anyone or even fire it.
He was simply warning people to keep on moving. He ultimately had the charge dropped I think (and rightly so) but that's the type of guy I am. I'm the guy that is responsible enough to stay on my own property and not add to the friction of the situation.

You can tell from numerous selfies and pictures that were taken of Rittenhouse with "his group" the night of the incident that he was there as part of an "unauthorized militia", basically no better than a roving gang but in his mind he was programmed to believe he was doing right by defending the American way of life and that gave him the "right" to be there. Rights are ideological beliefs, nothing more and the more irresponsible you are with your guns defending those "ideological beliefs", the more restrictions you will have put on you, causing you to rebel even more and all the while causing more grief and restrictions for responsible law abiding citizens and gun owners like myself.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Maybe the ultimate truth here if everyone is man/woman/non-binary enough to admit it is that both sides were in the wrong and if neither side had been there none of this would have happened. No doubt those useless wastes of skin that he shot deserved to be euthanized regardless imo, however because neither side had a legitimate reason for being there, 2 wrongs don't make a right no matter anyones ideology.

The assistant DA said Rittenhouse was a willing part of what he called "Chaos Tourism" and he is 100% correct however it doesn't just apply to Rittenhouse. It's no secret that professional trouble makers are being brought in to add to that chaos and there is growing eveidence that they are once again being funded from Russia but you will no doubt cry fake news about that as well.

For the record, I don't listen to any fake news. I read international military publications that have no political bias. They only report on events and offer up possible solutions or strategies, but never give their opinion on politics or ideologies. To those groups there is no right or wrong, it just is.

Rittenhouse got off on a technicality. Yes it was technically self-defense no matter how it was instigated so I do believe that the judge and jury's hands were somewhat tied in that regard. Morally however I don't believe he is FAF, in fact I believe the exact opposite is true. I believe he is guilty as f**** imo and you will see more of this happening now as the proud boys and their wannabes will now be emboldened to antagonize people and then use it as an excuse to shoot someone and claim self defence.

Don't think so? Remember how as soon as Trump was elected the race tensions began to immediately ratchet up with all the "bubba's" targeting the blacks, musilms, asians and anyone else that didn't look like they did. Telling them to get the F out of their country etc. What do you think is going to happen now after this verdict? I only pray that they nail those two other one celled amoebas that shot and killed that black jogger to hopefully restore some balance here and if any one of you think that they aren't guilty either than you are of equal intelligence.

Before you spout your "oh you're just talking liberal BS" rhetoric, let me remind you once again that I am definitely no Liberal........remember the guy that was charged for waiving a gun and warning protestors to keep on moving while he was on his own property? I forget what he was charged with but he didn't shoot anyone or even fire it.
He was simply warning people to keep on moving. He ultimately had the charge dropped I think (and rightly so) but that's the type of guy I am. I'm the guy that is responsible enough to stay on my own property and not add to the friction of the situation.

You can tell from numerous selfies and pictures that were taken of Rittenhouse with "his group" the night of the incident that he was there as part of an "unauthorized militia", basically no better than a roving gang but in his mind he was programmed to believe he was doing right by defending the American way of life and that gave him the "right" to be there. Rights are ideological beliefs, nothing more and the more irresponsible you are with your guns defending those "ideological beliefs", the more restrictions you will have put on you, causing you to rebel even more and all the while causing more grief and restrictions for responsible law abiding citizens and gun owners like myself.
You forgot to include that he crossed state lines.
The vast majority of those targeting weren’t done by MAGA, they were and still are being done by the Left.
Have you heard of the NFAC?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.