It's Called Self Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Rittenhouse did not start it the thugs did....he was moving away from them when they attacked him.
Rittenhouse was not going up to people and shooting at them.....he was not setting fire to homes or businesses...he was not harming anyone that didn't try to harm him or others near him.....

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And which way do you see it going ?
As with any politically charged trial, flip a coin. I don't have nearly enough knowledge or access to evidence to make such a call. And you can't believe anything you read or hear about it in the media. Ever since he was charged, the case and its associated characters have provided a constant stream of questions, outrage and blatant propaganda, across media outlets who dutifully reported their favored narrative.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys are both looking at the same video and both are concluding the exact opposite of each other. It all depends on which side can convince the jury of their interpretation. When self-defense is raised, it will be up to prosecutors to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it doesn't apply, that Rittenhouse's belief that he would be killed or seriously hurt was not reasonable in the circumstances. That's a tall order.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rittenhouse did not start it the thugs did....he was moving away from them when they attacked him.
Rittenhouse was not going up to people and shooting at them.....he was not setting fire to homes or businesses...he was not harming anyone that didn't try to harm him or others near him.....
Maybe some feel he instigated it by merely attempting to put water on an arson fire.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Things are not going good for the prostitution. One of the state's star witnesses today admitted that Rittenhouse had plenty of opportunities to fire his weapon, but never raised his gun to fire or fired it until a gun was pointed at Rittenhouse. That's what they call self defense. Even the prosecutor did a face palm on that one.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
So 3 guys vs. One teen
2 of the men shot had guns and were convicted felons the other used a skateboard to beat rittenhouse to the ground.....yea I would have shot them too....
Rittenhouse was putting out fires something they didn't want him doing and attacked him for it.....
NONE of them should have been there period but then you would not have had buildings burning or people get hurt.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Funny how it was never reported that the 2 dead guys were felons and should not have been carrying guns, or at least I never saw that.

With that being said, Kyle was carrying that weapon illegally also so there is that. Its like if someone is driving home drunk and another car runs a red light and hits him, the other person ran a light but the accident will be the drunk persons fault because they should not have been on the road.

He may get out of the murder charges but he will be convicted on the weapons charges, no denying that.

Reactions: RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well it looks like he broke down crying on the stand, if he does not think he did anything wrong, why is he getting emotional? Im not saying that is going to get him found guilty but to me he thinks he was wrong.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well it looks like he broke down crying on the stand, if he does not think he did anything wrong, why is he getting emotional? Im not saying that is going to get him found guilty but to me he thinks he was wrong.
Stop and think about the amount of stress this 18 year old kid is under. He's probably been dealing with PTSD ever since the night he got involved with this mess.

Reactions: Moot

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Stop and think about the amount of stress this 18 year old kid is under. He's probably been dealing with PTSD ever since the night he got involved with this mess.

Yep he should have stayed home instead of creating the situation that caused 2 deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hindsight for him is irrelevant at this point, and the judge has ruled on that also. The prosecutor has been so inept that the judge appears to be seriously considering the mistrial motion presented by the defense just after lunch today. The longer this thing continues, the worse their case against Rittenhouse looks. The best they can hope for is getting the gun possession charge to stick, and it sounds like that might be in question now.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
... if he does not think he did anything wrong, why is he getting emotional?
Killing somebody, even in self-defense, can often be an emotional trauma, especially when, as he said under oath, he didn't want to kill anybody at all.

Yep he should have stayed home instead of creating the situation that caused 2 deaths.
You sound like the DOT. "If you hadn't parked in that truck parking spot in the first place, that drunk lady wouldn't have run into you."

He didn't create the situation that caused 2 deaths. But, even if he did create the situation, that doesn't mean his right to self-defense is somehow null and void. If you don't believe me, ask George Zimmerman.

Reactions: Moot and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The prosecutor has been so inept that the judge appears to be seriously considering the mistrial motion presented by the defense just after lunch today.
Everything the prosecution has done thus far has been the exact wrong thing to do. I mean, 180 degrees wrong. It's almost like the prosecutor is applying for a job in the Biden Administration.

• Haha
Reactions: Moot and muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Killing somebody, even in self-defense, can often be an emotional trauma, especially when, as he said under oath, he didn't want to kill anybody at all.

You sound like the DOT. "If you hadn't parked in that truck parking spot in the first place, that drunk lady wouldn't have run into you."

He didn't create the situation that caused 2 deaths. But, even if he did create the situation, that doesn't mean his right to self-defense is somehow null and void. If you don't believe me, ask George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman was in his neighborhood, how far did Kyle drive to where the incident happened? Now if he had been asked to help that’s one thing but he wasn’t.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Everything the prosecution has done thus far has been the exact wrong thing to do. I mean, 180 degrees wrong. It's almost like the prosecutor is applying for a job in the Biden Administration.

Or he is tanking the case on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.