It’s 2018. Come on In

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Anyway, another day, another deduction. It is starter, which they have to order for tomorrow. Good news is Ford has it, bad news is it's double Rock Auto price. But, they are replacing coupling (again) under warranty, even though another dealer already did. So, labor, parts add up to $550. No charge for Vaseline to Install price.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyway, another day, another deduction. It is starter, which they have to order for tomorrow. Good news is Ford has it, bad news is it's double Rock Auto price. But, they are replacing coupling (again) under warranty, even though another dealer already did. So, labor, parts add up to $550. No charge for Vaseline to Install price.

And that’s the rub.... as with sprinters it nickles and dimes you to death “at times”.... that and if you take load opportunity losses ... it’s a slow drain

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Ouch, I can buy almost 5 Mercedes starters for that amount.
You just need to know how to connect few wires and secure 4 bolts.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Last edited:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Empty and sitting at the j in Horizon Cityalong with literally 30 other vans. Sprinters and small yellow box trucks of which 95% are unlettered.
Soon it will be a challenge to find one with letters on it.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What does yours say?

I haven't asked, but I think its deaf.
Once in a while it sends me signals on the dashboard, and that's the extent of our conversations.
Also, it whistles at me pretty.

Amazingly 1 carrier that promotes decals is the one I got the most instructions when picking up NO decals please ask for frieght from xxx carrier? Well doh

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
About 9 load offers, nope still 1 hour from unload.
Call back later.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Soon it will be a challenge to find one with letters on it.

What does yours say?

I haven't asked, but I think its deaf.
Once in a while it sends me signals on the dashboard, and that's the extent of our conversations.
Also, it whistles at me pretty.

It says Sprinter..
With. MASSACHUSETTS Commercial on the plates ... Lol ...

All aboard the Freight Train

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's the area. Next door is Peachtree City, super rich, golf carts everywhere, especially kids. No walking, no bicycles, just carts, even valet parking at Walmart, (kidding), but Newman is a less fortunate neighbor, they buy the carts used. Poor kids!

Guess that explains it. I was traveling from Peachtree city

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
Aren’t you glad that Minneapolis load cancelled. 8 - 12 inches and blizzard conditions?