Is this a short?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm confused. How is a guest able to post?
He signed up as a member, and his account was subsequently deleted. The post remains, and his status was automatically changed to "guest," since he's not a member.

For inquiring minds... People posting with IP addresses originating in places like India, China, Djibouti, most foreign locations, they generally get their accounts deleted since they're rarely North American expediters and are here instead to accumulate postings in order to post SPAM. Most get nailed as soon as they sign up and before they make their first post, but the ones in the middle of the night have to wait for the next morning, hence the remnant postings and "guest" classifications of a few posts.

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
He signed up as a member, and his account was subsequently deleted. The post remains, and his status was automatically changed to "guest," since he's not a member.

For inquiring minds... People posting with IP addresses originating in places like India, China, Djibouti, most foreign locations, they generally get their accounts deleted since they're rarely North American expediters and are here instead to accumulate postings in order to post SPAM. Most get nailed as soon as they sign up and before they make their first post, but the ones in the middle of the night have to wait for the next morning, hence the remnant postings and "guest" classifications of a few posts.

Just curious, and this is waayyy off topic, but the thread took this curve - I am actually posting here from the Philippines, just wondering what my IP address looks like.

Talk about insane drivers, I could easily start 6 threads that could go forever about the vehicles, road conditions, the weather, the idiots that walk right up to you as you drive, the near misses, Subic Bay, etc.... but I won't! At least not yet...

Back to "Is This A Short?" And my IP address question. :)

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
So he just "completed the circuit". Simple a that. Clock, computer, phone charger, memory module, gumalator valve, etc pulls voltage so it read voltage.

10-4.

Am I completing the circuit when I am washing my truck and I feel a slight tinge of electricity in a small cut on a finger when wet, even though the battery ground is connected? I've had this happen more then once and, especially noticed it when I had a small splinter under a finger nail. I began unplugging outlets from my 120V power strip from the inverter and found one that seemed to eliminated it so I disabled the outlet thinking a screw had struck the wire somewhere, but washing the truck again a few months later I noticed it again. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just curious, and this is waayyy off topic, but the thread took this curve - I am actually posting here from the Philippines, just wondering what my IP address looks like.
Without posting the actual numbers of the IP address, or the latitude and longitude of your location, it looks like...

Globe Telecoms, San Juan, metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

If you don't know it and want to see your actual IP address, go here:
What Is My IP Address?

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I had a Freightliner M2 (merc) that had a bad alternator (according to the shop) that ELECTRIFIED the chassis when it was running, somehow. I never fully understood how but we got real JOLTS of shock when it happened. It was way more than 12 volts.

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Without posting the actual numbers of the IP address, or the latitude and longitude of your location, it looks like...

Globe Telecoms, San Juan, metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

If you don't know it and want to see your actual IP address, go here:
What Is My IP Address?

I'm busted, you found me! Actually just outside of Subic Bay, Manila is about 90 miles away and takes three hours on the roads, but what's a few miles here or there to an expediter, lol? Thanks Turtle, now back to short circuit talk...

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Yes you have a short somewhere. Testing from ground to ground shouldn't have any juice., anywhere on the truck except positive wires, is ground. IE Frame, fuel tank, door hinge bolt.

So testing from negative post to ground should show 0 volts. Testing from positive to the truck with the neg battery unhooked should show 0 as well.

Probly you didn't un hook all the ground connections at the battery.

My truck has 4 different ground leads to the battery so it would be possible for someone who is not exerience to just unhook one ground, while leaving the APU, fridge or transfomer lead still hooked.

Either way it sounds like you have some leakage somwhere.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app