Is Panterii going to buy TriState?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I expect Fenway will buy someone else to combine with Panther. I don't know whether it will be 3-S or someone else but just think it will happen sometime this year.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anything can Happen, But I say nope to that deal

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

G

Just ask the CONWAY drivers,they will tell you some horror stories about the move to Panterii.(B units)

JCK

Seasoned Expediter
Hmmm never heard of Panterii, are they a new company?
I know of PANTHER EXPEDITED SERVICES, but not panterii.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi

Panther II is Panther Expedited Services.They changed their name shortly after obtaining Conway Now.

JCK

Seasoned Expediter
>Hi
>
>Panther II is Panther Expedited Services.They changed their
>name shortly after obtaining Conway Now.

ya I know PantherII Transportation changed names, but still I've never heard of p a n t e r ii, panterii sounds kinda retarded

RE: Is Panterii going to buy TriState?

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would really like to know why when someone starts a thread, there is always some fool who likes to take up space and add a stupid comment. Go to the chat room if you're so bored.
Panther drivers who wonder why that would be bad, beg the question. You must be team drivers who could work for anyone and do alright.
Despite what Panther says about itself, there are more former P2 trucks with that stupid logo still shadowed on the side, than almost any other used truck around. Must be a reason for that...

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
From what I heard of Conway drivers is they could not follow the rules, or keep proper logs, or deal with the system as it is set up. My wife and I were at HQ in seville earlier this year and became "friends" with 2 couples from Conway...1 couple I couldn't stomach after about 2 hours because the husband couldn't find anything good to say about ANYONE or ANYTHING! We tried and tried to give him and his wife good advice and hints and tips on how to deal with dispatch and everthing I could think of...to no avail.
The other couple was very eager to learn and we conversed with them for 8 hours while there. They were kinda getting $crewed by the owner they were with and expressed an interest to change owners. I talked to the guy I drive for, and a few hours later they were in a brand new truck about to make 2 or 3 times the amount they were making presently. They borrowed money from our owner cause things were tight.
Last I heard, after about a week, they left the truck somewhere and went home, never to return.
I've been around several conway drivers and the majority of them were just mean and bitter...to me it sounds like they make their own troubles and need someone else to blame it on.
To me it sounds like they just didn't want any change whatsoever with what they were used to.

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
You know why there are old Panther trucks out there with the shadow...because the former owners of "said trucks" have done so well they sold the old one and upgraded. But negative people believe negative things.
some teams on the road refuse to do minis and believe they should be offered nothing but team loads. When they're not they get #####! A few weeks ago I did 3 minis that were refused by 6 teams sitting in the same location...at the end of the day I ended up at the same truckstop I started out at, and 1st out, and several hundred dollars the better than I had if I held to the same beliefs they did.
those types have a hard time making it out here and believe the grass is greener elsewhere. after finding out different...they run out of pastures to graze in.

G

My friend you need a break and a hot cup of coffee!Do not get so angry,is just a post!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>From what I heard of Conway drivers is they could not follow
>the rules, or keep proper logs, or deal with the system

>I've been around several conway drivers and the majority
>of them were just mean and bitter...to me it sounds like
>they make their own troubles and need someone else to blame
>it on.

I guess you know mean and bitter when you see it.

Mean People Suck ????? What's that all about?

redhotxpress

Seasoned Expediter
I have friends that came from Conway to Panther and on to Tri-State. They are very nice, intelligent people who know how to do logs (perhaps from years of experience driving tractor/trailers) and were very capable of following rules. I fully understand why some of the Conway drivers were a little frustrated after the company they drove for sold them out without so much as a hint. I don't think its very nice to lump all of them into a pile and say they couldn't adapt ecetera. MEAN PEOPLE DO SUCK!! All companies have their good and not so great attributes. So do people, so why not just be nice and try to be encouraging...give good advice when asked and help each other out!!! Isn't that what EO is all about??
TC

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
I used to run for Conway and I loved it. The things about Conway that I loved was first and formost, they were a true NON-FORCED DISPATCH company. If you were first out on a board and turned down 1 or 10 loads, you were still first out!! No penalties, No dention!

I ran for them for 2 years B-4 the sale of the company and couldn't be happier. In that 2 years I only had 3 runs of 230 miles or less. (This is in a Cargo van by the way)
I'd have to say most averaged 300+ miles. One of those being a mini.
and minis paid 74.00 - 95.00 depending on the company we were hauling for. Also I was never offered runs like D/H 90 miles to go 120 miles.

If you were offered a load that had alot of D/H on the front end they usually offered you more money for D/H without even asking for it. If it took you to a non-freight area, they would pay to empty move you to a better area. 9 times out of 10 after delivering you were 1st out! Once in a while 2nd out unless in Detroit then maybe 5th to 8th. You didn't have an acceptance percentage to worry about so you didn't need to worry about them dispatching around you because of it. I also know of a few drivers that were dispatched around by mistake and those drivers were then also paid for that run. If you did turn down a run for any reason they didn't get all p issy about it. they would just say ok, we'll try to find you something else. I'm not saying they were the perfect company, but they were great to work with and stress free. At orientation they told you right up front if you don't want to go to Canada no problem, That they had Canadian drivers also, and you can transfer the load so they could get home.
You never got a call at 3 in the morning for a load picking up at noon the next day.

Now you know why some ex-Conway drivers are not as happy as you think they should be !

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
ConWay also provided satellite directions within 25 miles of the destination, which kept the dispatchers from being tied up on the phones helping drivers find a place when the local directions were incorrect. If we were spoiled by getting accurate directions, and not being put on hold for 5-10 minutes every time we needed to speak to dispatch, then all drivers deserve to be spoiled - expediting is all about getting there as quickly as can be done safely. Incorrect local directions and endless hold time on the phone are counterproductive to everyone's common goals.

JCK

Seasoned Expediter
> ConWay also provided satellite directions within 25 miles
>of the destination, which kept the dispatchers from being
>tied up on the phones helping drivers find a place when the
>local directions were incorrect. If we were spoiled by
>getting accurate directions, and not being put on hold for
>5-10 minutes every time we needed to speak to dispatch, then
>all drivers deserve to be spoiled - expediting is all about
>getting there as quickly as can be done safely. Incorrect
>local directions and endless hold time on the phone are
>counterproductive to everyone's common goals.

You can praise Conway Now all you want. But the fact is they sold you out. Every company is diffrent, I'm sure panther runs part of there organization better than other companies as well as other companies run parts of there organization better than panther.
Conway Now doesnt exsist anymore lets stop talking about them.

The topic was about P A N T E R II AKA PANTHER EXPEDITED SERVICES buying out TriState, and if they do or buy anyone else out I hope they make the transition better than they did with the buy out of conway now

peace out