IS MY THINKING WRONG?

Asilynot

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Phil,

I don't know about other Panther owners, all I know is about myself and I have been at Panther 4 years this Jan. and this has been a very good year for me. I have added 2 straight trucks and 1 tractor to my fleet this year. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest I would rate my satisfaction with panther at 7. Over all I think Panther has made some vast improvements this year are they done no but I think they are headed in the right direction and can't wait to see what is in store for next year.

Have a great day,

Tony

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Interestingly the original question, or, run in question (if factual) involved fifteen bucks. I for one would not chance having to sit (even for a couple more hours) for fifteen bucks. It just don't seem natural that someone would do that to themselves, then wunder wha happ'in.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
>Judging from recent posts, it seems Panther already has some
>irritated drivers.
=====================================================
Interesting observation, and quite possibly a sign of the times. I find it amazing that numerous posts get generated over a confrontation from a dispatch supervisor, and yet at the same time, another company pockets a large portion of the drivers FSC and some defend or ignore that practice.
I think this observation is one of the struggles that confronts OOIDA with regards to rates and FSC

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I had complete peace about my personal business principles.

Thank God I have a little discernment to search out His wisdom for my life as I am to be a good steward with the provisions that He has given unto me.

My decision was based upon principle...Scriptual principles.

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

OK. I sat one day and gave up $268.00.

Today, I get 641 miles (more than double yesterday's offer) for $512.80 PLUS a $122.00 FSC.

I am so glad that my boss is a Jewish Carpenter!

By listening to that small, still voice...He made the right decision for me and HIS thinking is always correct!

I want to personally thank the OWNER/OPERATORS for their valuable input. Quite honestly, I already knew how the O/O's would respond to the question; just as I knew how the fleet owners would respond.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Mr. T-Hawk

I agree with your analysis of the Wisconsin board and moving from Iowa to the Chicago board and Mississippi to Tennessee. I do that quite often.

Yes, I am a cargo van O/O and weekend layovers are a slight bit more challenging for us. I have done them with complaint.

In my examples I was only 120 mles from home on a Thursday. All the load offers picked up late at night. That would have made me drive through the night and deliver in the morning on Friday. Considering that I would have needed to sleep immediately (Not easy to do during the daytime) it would have left me no time to move to a better area and secure a Firday load.

I apologize for not giving you every aspect of the scenario. It just seemed like information overload.

Needless to say, I do think every load through and then pray about it before I accept. I do thank you for your input.

chuckwagon

Seasoned Expediter
My thought is I really do not care as much about the FSC as the overall pay they are offering me.

Ok, you were going 304 miles but at what rate - $1 per mile or $2 per mile?

Here is my method of taking or turning down a load:

Where is it going? (Hot or dead area)
What is the deadhead miles?
What is the total trip miles? (deadhead plus the loaded miles)

What is the overall $ figure I am getting? (FSC and the rate)
I subtract the estimated fuel cost, tolls, etc from that figure and then make the determination if I want the load or not.

But - if the FSC (if I know that figure) does not cover my deadhead miles or a good portion of it I will not take the load!

I simply will not increase my fuel expense share when ever possible.