is it this slow everywhere?

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
just wondering if all carriers are as dead as ctx, cant beleive its this dead, i remeber last year at this time it was slow, but not this slow???

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dean..Are you driving for the Canadian division?? A buddy of mine is driving for CTX up there and is busy.

When most of the number one selling cars are made in Canada the trips from the U.S are steady.

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
yes, i am in the Canadian division, and i guess your friend is lucky, cause i am not getting ANYTHING!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Yep, it's pretty slow just about everywhere. I've done two loads in the last week. Both were decent runs, but they've been sandwiched around a fair amount of sitting.

lookinforwor

Seasoned Expediter
same here dean07 im here in michigan after i got back from daytona (bud shootout) ive only done 3 runs i kind hope it does pick up im a driver for ctx too

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
One would think that "slow" is in the eye of the beholder. What is slow for some, may not be slow for others. Look back at what you did last year, if it's "slower" than that, then I'd guess it's slow.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Well this week has not been good 2 loads so far one was a backhaul. I did have some load offers but they were to places where their isnt any expedite freight. So i sit here in Ohio waiting

barney

Expert Expediter
Hey guys, you want to talk about slow? Since I quit driving I got a Real Estate license, I haven't sold anything since January. Anybody want to buy a house?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Slow?

I keep getting offers like this;

"I got two skids picking up in an hour, your 45 miles away going to Mobile Alabama by tomorrow morning, 790 miles, it pays $1.45 a mile, can you do it? "

"I can do it if the deliver is tomorrow night."

"What, you are a 14 foot truck?"

"yes I am a 14 foot straight truck and I have only 10 hours left for today after the pick up. "

"Oh you're not a van?"

"Nope my van grew into a straight truck a couple years ago."

"Huh?"

"No I am not a van."

With the three other calls yesterday, I just think I should start saying yes I am a large van.

But no matter, this morning I did my pretrip, I started my truck up and heard something I have not heard on a truck before, the failure of idler pulley bearings. Closer inspection reveled that the pulley is going and took a chunk of belt with it so far - so home here I come, I pray I make it.

DreamTeam44

Seasoned Expediter
This news is interesting compared to the recruiter talk, we are glad we waited to dive in, guess we will wait a wee bit longer to see what affect all the current financial goings on will have on the expedited biz...
Best of luck on you kids getting the loads you need to make your ends meet......

whadduyknow

whadduknow

DreamTeam44

Seasoned Expediter
What? Recruiters blowing smoke? Never.

Regardless of recruiter garble, one of our objectives as we continue our dedicated 5-6000 miles a week lease is to visit with some Panther and/or FedEx and other expedited TT drivers we run across in truck stops, rest areas and the like.
So far we have spoken to 4 expedited trucks at length in the last few weeks, everyone of them has been happy with their situation, all have had good things to say, the 2 Panther trucks were the most positive about how they are being treated.
Right now we plan on getting our supply of Cat litter, kitty food, and catnip toys by no later than the end of April along with a few bucks in the account, in preperation for whatever our expedite adventure will have in store for a couple of gypsy types......

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
if you expect to drive 5-6000 miles a week,dont bother with fecc,it might happen but only couple times a year.If you need to run those miles,then you better stay with a t/l carrier,in expedite ,it isnt about miles but revenue.Here at fecc,we dont do non expedite loads,that make you drive 5-6000 miles to make a living.I'm not going to brag,but in 140000 miles a year,I do 1/4 millon dollars.im in service about 75% of the time,and accept about 70% of my run offers.I take the good loads,and turn good loads down,just depends where they go.Ive also been known to take a.You wont see me west of the Mississippi river,except once in a while,in fact leaving home Sunday,have to be in Carson California wed.morning,6500 bucks to the truck,see if you can do that at Panther,and no,im not running 3000 miles for that money.if i were it would be closer to 8000 bucks.oh by the way,im not in w/g and I dont pull a reefer trailer,I pull there dry box.

FEDEXCARHAULER

Seasoned Expediter
Dream Team ,thought you were done with EO,listen,there is but only one true expedite company,the other just dabble in it.Sure you might get an expedite load every other time,but thats not how you make money in this business.why wear your truck out before its time,most of us make these trucks go 10 years,you cant do that running 5000 miles a week.Im not in the expedite business now,but I just got tired of running team,I enjoy what im doing,and my revenue is the same for even less miles,and I get to meet some really special people,and my freight is like non others,from million dollar cars to 5000 dollar projects.As was once said in a song,"its the great life"Hope you find what you want,but take some advise,get off that mileage mind set,it will cost you in the long run
Steve,wow great run

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Slow?

I keep getting offers like this;

"I got two skids picking up in an hour, your 45 miles away going to Mobile Alabama by tomorrow morning, 790 miles, it pays $1.45 a mile, can you do it? "

"I can do it if the deliver is tomorrow night."

"What, you are a 14 foot truck?"

"yes I am a 14 foot straight truck and I have only 10 hours left for today after the pick up. "

"Oh you're not a van?"

"Nope my van grew into a straight truck a couple years ago."

"Huh?"

"No I am not a van."

With the three other calls yesterday, I just think I should start saying yes I am a large van.

But no matter, this morning I did my pretrip, I started my truck up and heard something I have not heard on a truck before, the failure of idler pulley bearings. Closer inspection reveled that the pulley is going and took a chunk of belt with it so far - so home here I come, I pray I make it.

Greg,

I've run Landstar stuff in the past and plenty of it. Most are good folks. The problem with some as agents, is that they've never even seen the trucks that they are supposed to be loading. The landstar system dictates that you are dealing with sales people and not dispatchers (traffic managers). For example, DOH! A 14 foot van? This wasn't an SLC agent, was it? Did one down here: Apopka, FL to Hurlburt Field, FL, 430 miles. They expect me to be there in 6.5 hours, because Mapquest says that that is how long it takes. (Pickup occurred during Orlando rush hour) Of course that is all fine and dandy if you're driving your sedan and never stop to pee the whole way.

It's just part of the whole communication process.