Is anybody else excited about new gas powered Sprinter?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My local guys are top tier. I trust them completely because if they don't know something, which is very rare, they say so.

Reactions: RoadTime

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are willing to spend 40-50K on a new vehicle, don’t skimp on service work. You might save a few bucks but..... now that our Promaster has 425,000 on it and it’s 4 Year’s old, a local shop is fine. Luckily we have a really good dealer about an hour away. They always get us right in but it still takes to long to get some parts. But they have always been really fair. And yes it does cost more. But they do good work.
Always smirked on how RAM and Ford tries to catch Mercedes on pricing of vans and then on service of said vehicles.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Pips

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I'm more curious, waiting to see what issues it has at 200k miles before I get too excited. I would love to have the room but new and improved doesn't mean new and reilable.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I'm more curious, waiting to see what issues it has at 200k miles before I get too excited. I would love to have the room but new and improved doesn't mean new and reilable.
As of now yours is well known. The Transit has a Guibo problem "drive train" as it keeps cracking. The 2018 Transit is supposed to be fix with a flex plate but that's cracking/breaking I read.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Transit has a Guibo problem "drive train" as it keeps cracking. The 2018 Transit is supposed to be fix with a flex plate but that's cracking/breaking I read.
A giubo and flex disc are the same thing. All 3 Transit engines came with a giubo/flex disc. Several months ago Ford introduced a "final fix" for the giubo problem. The 3.5 Ecoboost and the diesel got a new and improved giubo. The 3.7 got a U-joint.

I haven't heard of any problems with the final fix flex disc. I have 22,000 miles on my final fix flex disc with no sign of cracking.

Reactions: DollarSign

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
The Transit has a Guibo problem "drive train" as it keeps cracking. The 2018 Transit is supposed to be fix with a flex plate but that's cracking/breaking I read.
A giubo and flex disc are the same thing. All 3 Transit engines came with a giubo/flex disc. Several months ago Ford introduced a "final fix" for the giubo problem. The 3.5 Ecoboost and the diesel got a new and improved giubo. The 3.7 got a U-joint.

I haven't heard of any problems with the final fix flex disc. I have 22,000 miles on my final fix flex disc with no sign of cracking.
Thought I read somewhere that the flex plate was messing up. I could be wrong.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thought I read somewhere that the flex plate was messing up. I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

We’re used to that from Sprinter owners.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thought I read somewhere that the flex plate was messing up. I could be wrong.
I haven't had a problem and haven't heard of any from other expediters as far as flex plates.

The giubo or flex disc has been the main problem with the Transit. All of the temporary fixes and the final fix have been cover under warranty. A bit of a hassle for us high mileage owners; replace giubo every 30,000 miles, but no big deal for the average 10-12,000 mile a year owner. I just hope Ford's final flex disc fix will last a couple hundred thousand miles.