Is a Toilet too much to ask for?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
we have had the thetford brand for years. two years ago we switched to dometic and it is much better than the thetford. cant remember which exact model but it is the best one that does not have battery powered flush. has the pressurized flush with the pump handle. 2 gal fresh, 3 gal waste, self stored and pivoting dump spout. we love it !!!!!!!!!

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's so bad is when they get out of the truck in broad
daylight and pee on their tires. Beats me why they don't go to the bathroom.

Probably they just can't hold it... and also they didn't hear about the coffee cup... ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where can i purchase the theford potty.Wife wants one,ok me to LOL. Any links would be great .Thanks Jeff& Den

Go directly to Walmart, at camping section. It's 32 bucks! I wanted one but dang, I'm too shy to go with it to the cashier...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Used to use porta potty.....but flying j started charging to dump and can't. Count on. State dump facilities at rest areas...soooo...big ol stainless steel mixing bowl, plastic. Grocery bag and select a size paper towels....plus. The gallon water jug....

Use a folded paper towel "before" as a landing pad and "moisture" collector.....

"As the. Septic truck owned by "Turd burglars" pulled away....my neighbor ran over to tell me ... "that Guy just stole all your ****...."

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
I was wondering if you empty potties at the Interstate rest areas. Of course, does little good on the back roads.

I would act like I was about to loose it when there was cover charge at the door during my WV Directv travels. Often it worked!

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Feline Pine or Yesterdays News kitty litter, and tall kitchen bags in a standard rectangle garbage can.

Works great, just tie up the bag when ur done and toss at your next fuel stop, and hand full of kitty litter will get er done.

I don't use scented bags just Glad standard kitchen bags.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
They do make small waste tanks that could mount undernieth the truck for later dumping ans thin wall mounted tanks for water. For a curtain, they have these tracks that monut on the ceiling where you can hang a curtain. The Fabric store, got stuck there with Mother in Law, has many cheap prints to make a curtin from that doesnt look girly.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Used to use porta potty.....but flying j started charging to dump and can't. Count on. State dump facilities at rest areas...soooo...big ol stainless steel mixing bowl, plastic. Grocery bag and select a size paper towels....plus. The gallon water jug....

Use a folded paper towel "before" as a landing pad and "moisture" collector.....

"As the. Septic truck owned by "Turd burglars" pulled away....my neighbor ran over to tell me ... "that Guy just stole all your ****...."

We bag the porti potti tank in plastic bags.
Slip that into a canvas shopping bag. Can walk into a stall and dump it for free. Or take it in when you shower.
We dump it daily so it doesn't get too heavy.
Wife usually dumps it as less activity in ladies room.
If needed, slip the spray Febreeze in the bag with the tank.

M

MysticOcean

Porta Portable is the best but don't in the mood to tell you what other alternatives I have used before that. KFC bucket seems like a better choice that than what I used one time :p

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Lugable Lou lid and 5 gal bucket and double layer of kichen bags and kitty litter. pour a bit of litter over your waste to cover up the smell and once full you can tie up the bags and put in any trash dumpter.

Reactions: ntimevan

tknight

Veteran Expediter
You could always use the seat over the hd orange bucket in its nice haz mat color! I prefer rest area and truck stops myself.

Reactions: Ftransit

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
After your first winter walking up to the truck stop to go in to a restroom and that bucket and kitty litter looks great.

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I'm thinking this thread should be mandatory information, and the first information, any wannabe must review before continuing with education about expediting. If they still want the lifestyle, nothing else will flush their dream away.

Reactions: tknight and Turtle