Irs

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I was watching the history channel last night, and they said that the current IRS building was a :censoredsign: house during the Civil War. So I guess you could say they are doing the same thing in that building to people that they were back during the Civil War.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL, and they are about to get 16-17,000 more "pimps" i mean employees with barrycare to screw the people some more...:rolleyes:

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Ok Chef curiosity got me. Why would the irs be hiring 16,000 more when there are over 9 million more unemployed? This means less work for those already there. Ok forgot this is the new jobs being created under Obama. Lifetime work as taxes always need to be collected, great benefits and no layoffs.
Rob

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
FIS53 wrote:

Ok Chef curiosity got me. Why would the irs be hiring 16,000 more when there are over 9 million more unemployed? This means less work for those already there. Ok forgot this is the new jobs being created under Obama. Lifetime work as taxes always need to be collected, great benefits and no layoffs

Rob,
the hiring of between 16-17,000 new hires has nothing to do with the "Normal" illegal activities of the IRS....with the passing of "barrycare" the IRS is now the "enforcement arm" to make sure the "American citizens" comply and that small business does the same....you know, buy what we say or be fined and or go to jail.....

Read about it here:

Republicans assail IRS provision in health care bill - The Hill's On The Money

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Ok Chef curiosity got me. Why would the irs be hiring 16,000 more when there are over 9 million more unemployed? This means less work for those already there. Ok forgot this is the new jobs being created under Obama. Lifetime work as taxes always need to be collected, great benefits and no layoffs.
Rob

The IRS will be "enforcing" (my word) the law as described in THIS ARTICLE.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Rob,
One of the problems is not the hiring of people during a recession but who is going to be hired and what kind of union they will end up having.

There is a lot more to collecting taxes, the cost will increase, the bureaucracy will become a mess again (after the years of fighting to force the IRS to become more user friendly) and we will again be faced with regulations that will become more complex outside of the legislation process because of ideologies and not revenue.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
absolutely right Greg.....barrys buddy Andy and his SEIU will be running more and more governmental agencies....especially since barry did the recess appointments and installed his "Pro Labor" minions on the NLRB......