Ironic Don't You Think?

kempers_gramp

Expert Expediter
As I passed around the great City that we all know as our nations Capital. I peered through my windshield at what seemed to be a never ending river of brake lights, that were aglow with the crimson beauty that as a child I associated with the light that led Santa around the world to deliver his sleigh full of gifts. I noticed something which I deemed Ironic. There directly in front of me was a Toyota automobile, and in front of that a Mitsubishi, and in front of that a Honda, beside all of these to either side were Infinities, BMWs, Lamborginis, Volkswagons, Mercedes, and various other foreign makes of vehicles that have come to take the place of our domestic made counterparts, which now are mostly made in other countries, and assembled here. And what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a couple of GMC trucks, Ford vans, and Chrysler SUV's. Just to name a few, and a very few at that. The true irony of it all to me was the fact that in our Nations Capital, from what I saw at rush hour, 95% or greater of the vehicles driven by the people that more than likely have something to do with the operation of our Great Country, were foreign. It leads me to ask, What happend to loyalty?:eek:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Loyalty is something sorely lacking in politicians however the Toyota or Honda or Mitsubishi may be more American content and production than a Ford or Dodge or Chevy now days.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well for what it's worth I recently bought a new Chevy Mailbu and it is a decent well made automobile. Another Moderator bought a Chrysler 300 Hemi and it is one hell of a car. Now the Malibu was assembled in Kansas City but the Chrysler came out of Ontario.
But I agree with the original poster,we make our money in America, we should spend it on American products.

BigDiesel

Expert Expediter
Unfortunatley the domestic automobile industry makes huge money in service and parts and foriegn vehilcles for the most part are made for the one time import thats why parts and labor are so high but the cars are in the shop a lot less and last longer. So pay less for your USA car and pay the rest on the service and parts later or buy an import and pay more but have less down time.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'll buy American cars when the big 3 can make em decent. Why support the unions? They're only ruining it for the rest of us.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>I'll buy American cars when the big 3 can make em decent.
>Why support the unions? They're only ruining it for the rest
>of us.

Big three?? There hasn't been a big three since Damiler-Benz took over Chrysler.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Several years ago I lived in what was called a GM town. One of the store owners who had a store in the local mall wrote a letter in the newspaper about the fact that people would go to Indianapolis to shop instead of shopping in the local mall. At the same time the local mall was having a promotion. The grand prize was a foreign car that came from an out of town dealer. How's that for being ironic?
Thanks. :+ :+

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
There are only two domestic car manufactures that is Ford and GM. Others may have plants here but they send the profits back to foreign lands.