Iraqi dinar

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So I was talking to my neighbor he said he just bought $1,000.00 worth of Iraqi dinar wort about 1/3 of A penny he seems to think that the way our economy is heading south and with all the oil in Iraq that the value of the Iraqi dinar will be worth about $3.00. He says the U.S. Govt is aware of this and hold alot of Iraqi Dinar themselves. I don't know anything about this but wondering what the educated thinkers here at E.O. have to say about this.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Large amounts of ammo will be worth more. That may work for those who cannot shoot. IF the US government is doing this one should REALLY steer clear, they don't have a very good economic record. :D

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I actually own Iraqi Dinar notes. The subject of the Dinar rising in value is discussed at length on Dinar forums. There are many different opinions about the subject. One of the best forums is Dinarvets.com.
I invested 600.00 and have 600,000 dinar in 25,000 dinar notes. These are physical currency that can be cashed back in when the dinar becomes a tradable currency, or i can sell them on Ebay or other sites to speculators. Of course, there is a small loss in "fees", but for a few dollars, I took a chance. As far as this being a scam, I disagree. Iraq , by international law, must honor their physical currency. However,Iraq is under international sanctions and must have a fully seated gov'nt, and settle some disputes with Kuwait from the invasion, and some other things that would bore you to tears.
Iraqs currency is way under valued considering they have vast oil and natural gas reserves, gold, and other minerals still being discovered.
I follow the news over there, and have seen much progress over the past couple of yrs. So, For a few dollars, I took a chance....Happy New Year to all on EO.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The last box of ammo I bought just a month ago for $380 in now selling for $450. It continues to rise and Obama is our best bet to run the cost up. MUCH better chance of collecting on the black market than over the internet. The magazines I bought for $60 are now selling for $95.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The Iraqi Dinar used to be worth $3+ but that was under Saddam, it is currently worth less than your friend thinks. (1 IQD = 0.000859845 USD ) It would have to increase in value about 1500% just for him to break even.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What you want are Turtle Bucks. They never decrease in value and will only appreciate. When the economy collapses it will only be Turtle Bucks that you will be able to use to survive.

Animal-Dollar-Bill-The-Turtle.jpg

I'm selling and Turtle Bucks for $5.00 each.