Insufficient priviliges but I want to reply

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There is a Landstar forum post by Team Caffee regarding agents. I can't reply to their post but hope this will make it to the rest of you.

I don't know no agents but I was intrigued that they are still using Streets and Trips. Me too!!!! I just love the software and curse Microsoft every day that they stopped supporting and improving it.

I have been using the software since forever and, despite no support, still use it to map out my loads. I can't find anything better.

I recently purchased DeLorme Street Atlas but cannot figure it out. And I used to be a software coder and consultant!!!

How may of you still use this software and does anyone know if it will ever come back onto the market or whether this is a real substitute for it?

Thanks.

Reactions: TeamCaffee

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
chetjester my version of Streets and Trips is very old and what surprises me is still how accurate it is. I know that there were several upgrades to it that I never used as I like what I have. I dread the day when I will not be able to use it to track our loads.

Each Flag has info about the load including date and load number. This map was for our first ten years of expediting. Some locations have many flags that only show up as one. I also use this map to track safe parking areas at customers.

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 6.21.55 AM.png

Reactions: Turtle

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
chetjester my version of Streets and Trips is very old and what surprises me is still how accurate it is. I know that there were several upgrades to it that I never used as I like what I have. I dread the day when I will not be able to use it to track our loads.

Each Flag has info about the load including date and load number. This map was for our first ten years of expediting. Some locations have many flags that only show up as one. I also use this map to track safe parking areas at customers.

View attachment 12940
Wow! Impressive!

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When I drive for A.Blair I created green and red truck markers for my deliveries and pickups. I also purchased an S&T map that had all the truck stops and scales and all identified. I still use that.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
TND Tablet that hads TripMaker. I sometimes use that but it requires me to be online with Wi-Fi to use it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I still use Streets & Trips. About 90% of the time I just plug in the addresses into the Garmin and it's fine, but I also use S&T for additional routing options and to get a better overview of things. I've never made extensive use of the pushpins in S&T. Never felt the need for it, but I have a few. The places I need to save I generally just save as a Favorite in the Garmin.

You can export all of your pushpins in S&T and then import them into Google My Maps. It depends on what version of S&T you have insofar as the best way to do it. And if you have more than 2000 pushpins to import, it gets complicated.