Installed?

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
If you were to see an advertised price and it stated

INSTALLED for $900.00 would you think that would include any other fees or taxes?

Just curious.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
think it should have said 900 installed plus tax,if not, 900 would of been all I would have paid. Of course i would have had the total price before they started the work

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
yeah, plus tax. I would say I would have the total price upfront, then of course I would be lying because I got my high dollar oil change that way.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would figure it to be plus tax but all inclusive otherwise.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would expect tax to be additional.

There are some who are tax-exempt and the tax shouldnt be applied as part of promo price.

Also, taxes vary by county and residency depending on the item purchased.

As far as any other costs, one would hope not. Sometimes though, having a service or installation done exposes other needs and more cost.

And reading," installed for 900.00 " says nothing about purchasing the item to be installed
for the 900.00 fee.

Best to ask what does the ad really mean.

Just my thoughts.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
It would depend, if it were for tires, than I would expect that the FET be included. Most other things I'm with the rest, plus tax.

I normally ask the out the door, rolling down the road price.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It is a pretty vague question you are asking. We do not even know what item you are talking about, where it is installed, where the price was quoted or why you are asking.

Installation might be cost, plus taxes, plus shop supplies, plus envrionmental fee, plus FET, plus sales tax, plus extended service plan, plus subscription fee, plus, plus, plus; all depending on what you are buying, where you buy it, and what the fine print says.