Information on Fed X Cc

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
HI I am interested in getting the pro s and cons of Fed X CC.I live 55 miles north of Chicago 25 miles or so south of Milwaukee Wi.Would like to talk in person to some O/O s if laying over near Kenosha wi, Racine (Petro truck stop) or Ryan rd Pilot,Flying J . Will be glad to buy the coffee.

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
I am 55 miles north of Chicago and 30 miles south of Milwaukee Wi .Would like information on Fed Express CC .I was considering putting on a truck in near future.Would like pro and cons.If need be I can give my EMAIL adress. Or if your going to be in area and have down time .Can meet and buy you a cup of coffee.Or post here . Thanks

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
What size truck,are you going run team or solo,but what ever the case anything in a 100 mile radius of chicago will keep you real busy

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
HI I will put on a straght truck and would like to run team. My wife wont drive. So I will either work with a friend of mine or hire on a co driver.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
A D unit 20'box with sleeper and team will do very well out of Chicago Area.You should have no problem keeping very busy

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
A D unit 20'box with sleeper and team will do very well out of Chicago Area.You should have no problem keeping very busy

Nightcreacher is telling you the truth. Chicago is a great for FedEx, Check out other carriers too to see what best fits your needs. You will do alot of PPG loads out of Oak Creek, Wi for the KIT team for FedEx.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's important to note that how well a category of unit does out of a specific area is only as important as the amount of times the unit needs to get out of that area. Once dispatched on a load it is very possible the unit won't be back in the same area until the next time home and it will not be a huge factor. If someone needs to get out of the same area every week it means they are going home too often to be seriously in this business.

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
I understand the commitment to being out on the road .If you get back home every 2 to 3 weeks take a few days off, its great to be in an area that has plenty of freight.That was the reason I asked if this was a good Area .I am in Kenosha wi about 25 minutes from PPG plant.The best part of this site is the people who take time to tell you different things.Everyday I come on here to read and learn .I am waiting for Dawn to send me info. from Fed express CC its been about a week now.Thanks Again for all your help

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i've gotten loads from rockford, oak creek, western burbs of chgo, near burbs of chgo and wisc somewhere i p-u'ed a load to la grange.