Info on Expediter Services

cliff

Seasoned Expediter
Looking closely at using expediter services straight truck, can anyone give some real time experiences or info on the truck, maintenance, driver comforts and amenities (i.e. birthing area,refer size,etc.). Pro's and con's welcome, first hand greatly appreciated.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just do a seach on here and you will find out what you looking for.

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
If your a 9 to % person they the best for yo

I currently drive a truck through ES. The above answer makes no sense that I can see. Ive been with them 11 months now and no one has yet to 'tell' me anything. There is no micro management. They recommend certain things, such as staying east of I-35, but I've gone west a few times when it suited me and no one said a word about it.

I can't really comment on what your truck would be like as they are almost all red KW T600/660. I have one of their few (maybe only?) Freightliners. It should have an APU, 1800W inverter and a mini-fridge. Its NOT going to have an uber 102" miniature palace sleeper like some of the owner ops here have.

They maintain their trucks very well, I've never been left hanging in the middle of the night unable to get a hold of someone, I've never been refused anything safety/maintenance wise. The pay has always been on time and accurate. I don't have anything bad at all to say about ES, only good.

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
We have driven for ES for over a year now...but not for much longer :). With that said let me share my take on ES.

First of all they pay on time every time. The pay is correct. And our Fleet manager has been excellant!!! They also have someone on call 24/7. They Have never called me and told me what or why not when it comes to loads.

As far as thier maintenance program is concerned, I have found that they are "reactive not Pro-active. Yes things do get fixed when they brake and yes they have paid for our accomadations during such down time.

The "Red KW's sindrome". You will find that most of the other expediters out here have an unfriendly attitude towards "The Red truck people". We have encountered this on many occasions. However to be fair we have meet some wounderfull folks out here (who are not with ES), and we communicate on a routine basis and for that we are gratefull.

The sleeper.....That has a lot to be desired. It is the design of the space not the size. The cab as well is not that great. The interesting thing is...the owner (of ES) is very well aware of this problem and he acknowledges it is one of the biggest reasons why people leave.

Thier office is in South Haven, MS. and you pick-up your truck in Richfield Ohio . Thier is NO vehicle orientation, No company orientation...you are on you own which means alot of phone calls etc. to the office. and learning by trial and error.

When you do break down I will say there is never a problem with the shop getting paid promptly.

When we were pursuing this biz, alot of other owner said "go with ES, get some experiance and then come see me".

It is time for us to move on and that we will.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
(i.e. birthing area,refer size,etc.).
It might be best if you didn't bring up the birthing area when talking with the folks at Expediter Services. It could be a deal breaker for you.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
We have driven for ES for over a year now...but not for much longer :). With that said let me share my take on ES.

First of all they pay on time every time. The pay is correct. And our Fleet manager has been excellant!!! They also have someone on call 24/7. They Have never called me and told me what or why not when it comes to loads.

As far as thier maintenance program is concerned, I have found that they are "reactive not Pro-active. Yes things do get fixed when they brake and yes they have paid for our accomadations during such down time.

The "Red KW's sindrome". You will find that most of the other expediters out here have an unfriendly attitude towards "The Red truck people". We have encountered this on many occasions. However to be fair we have meet some wounderfull folks out here (who are not with ES), and we communicate on a routine basis and for that we are gratefull.

The sleeper.....That has a lot to be desired. It is the design of the space not the size. The cab as well is not that great. The interesting thing is...the owner (of ES) is very well aware of this problem and he acknowledges it is one of the biggest reasons why people leave.

Thier office is in South Haven, MS. and you pick-up your truck in Richfield Ohio . Thier is NO vehicle orientation, No company orientation...you are on you own which means alot of phone calls etc. to the office. and learning by trial and error.

When you do break down I will say there is never a problem with the shop getting paid promptly.

When we were pursuing this biz, alot of other owner said "go with ES, get some experiance and then come see me".

It is time for us to move on and that we will.

This is a good, honest, accurate and current review of ES. I concur.
Cliff- As Bruno suggested, use the search tool at the top of the
page and you will find several in-depth discussions regarding ES.:)

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
It might be best if you didn't bring up the birthing area when talking with the folks at Expediter Services. It could be a deal breaker for you.

I have to disagree with Moot on this issue. You will find that you
must stay out for long periods of time to make money in this business. Anything you can do to avoid a trip home or to the hospital can make you money.
A birthing area is a great idea!:rolleyes: